GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

ktbaird

Passed Driver's Ed
Thx everyone. Here is also a response directly from OBDeleven....

Hello, there is one important thing if you want to leave dongle connected. You must disconnect from car before closing the app, to do that go to My car and press red disconnect button at the bottom of screen. Battery drain example: You are checking Live data and device is in the loop of reading live data parameters from car and you just go out without disconnection, then dongle doesn't get request to stop read of live data and it is reading it all over the night.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ray128

Ready to race!
greypanther: OK -I've just had a look at my car. The way to activate the anti-theft alarm system (if the gear is installed) is to select the entry shown in the screenshot below (note the position of the red "pull-down" line on the left-side of the picture)

The term "Diebstahlwamanlage" means "theft alarm system" in German. I assume you just have to change this setting to "active" and if you do indeed have the physical equipment installed, the system will be activated!

Don

Thanks for posting this. The alarm is now functioning as it should

focalBlur

Passed Driver's Ed
So I have searched the site, Google, YouTube, and more and I have yet to find what I am looking for. I am aware of Urban Joke (versions 1 and 2) but I am looking for something slightly different. Chances are the answer is more simplified than I see to believe it be.

I am wanting the inner tails to operate as brake lights and only the outer tails operate both as brake lights and blinkers as they are now. To clarify, outer tails operate as they do now and the inner tails operate as brake lights. Can someone throw me a freak'n bone here? Thanks in advance.

This is how I have my car coded. Hatch lights are brake and running lights, outer lights are brake, turn and running. I used the "4 brake light" coding from this link.
https://sites.google.com/a/naturalnetworks.ca/vw-golf-mk7-vcds-how-to/home

Message me if you have any issues.

Side note: the inner lights illuminate slightly slower than the outer lights, does not bother me but it is noticeable. Not sure if there is a fix for this or not.

GTIOZ

Passed Driver's Ed
I purchased this device and I tried to use some of the apps after spending like $13 on extra credits. The following apps were able to "stick" just fine: reverse mirror lowering, soundakter turned off and car horn disabled when locking the car.

But the following apps will not work no matter what I do: remote windows function with key FOB, auto A/C recirculation and disable ESC permanently. I can attempt to perform these apps and it says they were successful but the apps don't do what they're suppose to do.

Anyone know why?

ktbaird

Passed Driver's Ed
I purchased this device and I tried to use some of the apps after spending like $13 on extra credits. The following apps were able to "stick" just fine: reverse mirror lowering, soundakter turned off and car horn disabled when locking the car.

But the following apps will not work no matter what I do: remote windows function with key FOB, auto A/C recirculation and disable ESC permanently. I can attempt to perform these apps and it says they were successful but the apps don't do what they're suppose to do.

Anyone know why?
Me as well - haven't even got mirrors to work yet...

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

DV52

Drag Racing Champion

Anyone know why?

GTIOZ: Why don't you check the settings in my instructions HERE for Auto recirculation tweak and HERE for Comfort windows tweak. If the settings in your car are as per the instructions, then the Apps have been applied correctly.

Don

Ray128

Ready to race!
This morning while I was going through The CAR screens in the infotainment, there was a screen that I'm pretty sure was never there. It now shows convieinence consumer. Anbody know what activated this? It's also on the instrument cluster now too. Or am I just losing it?

Also when I look through my history, there are few long coding changes that were made but I never changed any values. Does that show up because of coding activations I've made? The time stamps are similar so I assume that's why.

Ray128

Ready to race!
Could very well be. I've had the car less than a month and I've done a bunch of tweaks with this piece so it's probably something I never took notice of.

GTIOZ

Passed Driver's Ed
GTIOZ: Why don't you check the settings in my instructions HERE for Auto recirculation tweak and HERE for Comfort windows tweak. If the settings in your car are as per the instructions, then the Apps have been applied correctly.

Don

First, thank you for the info. I really appreciate it. But here's something I have noticed about my OBDeleven setup. I don't have the coding option like other people do when I use the device. I do have the Pro version and I entered the serial key on my packaging when I first set up the device but I still don't have the coding option.

Any ideas as to why?

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
First, thank you for the info. I really appreciate it. But here's something I have noticed about my OBDeleven setup. I don't have the coding option like other people do when I use the device. I do have the Pro version and I entered the serial key on my packaging when I first set up the device but I still don't have the coding option.

Any ideas as to why?

GTOZ: Hmmm........... that's odd!!!
When you select Settings from the first screen, does the "virtual button" for the PRO entry look like the picture below?

Don