GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
So weird thing happened. I went to my DRL leuchte2sl and leuchte3sl and nothing is set for CH/LH where I had previously set it, but the DRL’s still turn on with CH/LH. Thoughts?

OK, so it gets a little more convoluted.

The BCM is sometimes programmable through more than one path. The path I told you earlier is the Leuchte channel path, whereby you can program each leuchte channel to execute a particular function. But there is also a separate pathway built into the BCM for CH/LH. There is this:

Module 9 --> Aussenlicht uebergreifend: --> Coming home Leuchten: -->

And you have the option of choosing Low Beams or (I think!) DRLs and possibly some other options. If you have DRLs selected, then it doesn't matter if you don't have them programmed in the leuchte channels-- this path will override the leuchte channel definitions.

So, check that you don't have the DRLs set to come on through the CH/LH pathway.

For my car, I have the CH/LH set up to use the low beams (they are not programmed for that within the leuchte channels), and then in the leuchte channels, I have the fog lights and the reverse lights set to also come on with CH/LH.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone yet solved how to get the GTI fog lights to be used as the "Static" cornering lights to come on along with the ones in the headlight unit(below). I want both to come on at the same time but can't find any reference to anyone doing it.

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
I don't know the code but it's called removing NAR restrictions. That's what will let the fogs stay on and act like corning lights also.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I don't know the code but it's called removing NAR restrictions. That's what will let the fogs stay on and act like corning lights also.

I think it's this line of code in module 9:

Aussenlicht Front: --> Zahl der aktiven Scheinwerfer auf 2 limitieren: --> limitieren

Translates to "Outside lights front --> limit the number of spotlights to 2 --> Limit

Change to whatever the opposite value would be (no limit?).

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE, Audi S5
I would LOVE to see someone figure out how to brighten the BSM mirror lights. The existing "fix" does not work.

Did you try: 09 central electrics > Suchbeleuchtung_allgemein > Warnblinktastersuchbeleuchtung Grundwert

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE, Audi S5
OK, so it gets a little more convoluted.

The BCM is sometimes programmable through more than one path. The path I told you earlier is the Leuchte channel path, whereby you can program each leuchte channel to execute a particular function. But there is also a separate pathway built into the BCM for CH/LH. There is this:

Module 9 --> Aussenlicht uebergreifend: --> Coming home Leuchten: -->

And you have the option of choosing Low Beams or (I think!) DRLs and possibly some other options. If you have DRLs selected, then it doesn't matter if you don't have them programmed in the leuchte channels-- this path will override the leuchte channel definitions.

So, check that you don't have the DRLs set to come on through the CH/LH pathway.

For my car, I have the CH/LH set up to use the low beams (they are not programmed for that within the leuchte channels), and then in the leuchte channels, I have the fog lights and the reverse lights set to also come on with CH/LH.

Thanks for your help, by the way.

I checked that adaption and it was set for fog lights, the only other option being low beams. I’d like to get the orange lights working but I can live with it this way!

nype

Drag Racing Champion

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
For anybody that's interested that direct throttle mod is now an app through OBD11, along with some other new ones I noticed these morning. There's an ambient light app I did but it only changes the lighting inside the center instrument panel, not the light throughout the whole car unless I'm doing wrong.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Did you try: 09 central electrics > Suchbeleuchtung_allgemein > Warnblinktastersuchbeleuchtung Grundwert

That just changes the setting for the 4-way flasher button illumination. I don't know why the Germans put so much effort and thought into a single button-- I guess they see it as the most important button in the car (notice how the button lights up just from unlocking the car?).

KillboBaggins

Passed Driver's Ed
Got mine today...

Did throttle response, windows up/down with remote, windows down with door open, and gauge sweep.

I wanted to do the sound actor but it kept asking me to make sure the ignition was on... Even though it was.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk