GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
OK folks, this is a great but very long thread. I just read all pages since page 100 so that's 79 pages of stuff. I already see that some people, especially DV52, are extremely knowledgable on this stuff. Great job!

I have found and applied most tweaks I wanted to my car but there are 2 things I either didn't find or the instructions were old and didn't work for my car (2017 US spec GTI SE with newer modules like ZV Komfort).

1- How to make the re-circulation button on the AC remember its setting after the car starts again
2- How to make the rear window de-fogger run longer than the short period it does today

Can anyone please share with me the instructions to perform those changes?

Thanks in advance!

+1 on DV52's valuable knowledge of the car's BCM and especially the logic of the lighting channels! I for one have benefited greatly from his knowledge!

I don't have a good answer for your first question, but if you wanted a place to start hunting, try looking in module 08 (Air Conditioning):

There is this adaptation:

Recirculation air for production routines:
No effect

I have no idea what this adaptation does, or what the default value ("No effect") means. I'd be interested to know what the other options are.

Your second question might be easier. I haven't tried it myself, but in module 9 (Central Electrics), there is this:

Heckscheibenheizung Zeitwert:
320 s

This translates quite directly as "Rear window heating time value"

You should be able to easily alter the duration value. However, I'm getting this info from my OBDeleven backup of this module, and the backups are generated with a flat structure hierarchy, so it's not possible to know what sub-section this adaptation resides in. You'll have to do some searching.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

BSoares

Your second question might be easier. I haven't tried it myself, but in module 9 (Central Electrics), there is this:

320 s

You should be able to easily alter the duration value. However, I'm getting this info from my OBDeleven backup of this module, and the backups are generated with a flat structure hierarchy, so it's not possible to know what sub-section this adaptation resides in. You'll have to do some searching.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, I'll have a look at that one.

VdubbinCT

Ready to race!
What do I need for the OBD11 to work? The basic app does not even "connect". Is it only supposed to connect when buy pro? Do I need another device to work with the app? thanks!

dub_guy

Ready to race!
What do I need for the OBD11 to work? The basic app does not even "connect". Is it only supposed to connect when buy pro? Do I need another device to work with the app? thanks!
You need the app plus the dongle that attaches to the OBD port.

Sent from some random mobile time waster.

BSoares

+1 on DV52's valuable knowledge of the car's BCM and especially the logic of the lighting channels! I for one have benefited greatly from his knowledge!

I don't have a good answer for your first question, but if you wanted a place to start hunting, try looking in module 08 (Air Conditioning):

There is this adaptation:

Recirculation air for production routines:
No effect

I have no idea what this adaptation does, or what the default value ("No effect") means. I'd be interested to know what the other options are.

320 s

Hope this helps!

Thought I should post an update on this as I got what I needed to work. Here is what I changed copied from my change log:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Long coding
Control unit: 08 Air Conditioning
Values:
Store recirculation air setting for terminal 15 off:
Old value: Service life-dependent store
New value: Save

Adaptation
Control unit: 09 Central Electrics
Name: Window heater
Values:
Old value: 320 s
New value: 600 s

The 1st change didn't work at first, I'm not sure what I screwed up (maybe forgot the access code?). Second attempt it took it and it works fine.
The heater timer is exactly what you mentioned. I think going from 320s to 600s will make it so I don't have to turn it back on as often as before.

Thanks

VdubbinCT

Ready to race!
Got mine from Lithuania today through Ebay $49.99. Works great! Seem some more expensive options on ebay. Surprised to see it took 6 days to receive it from Lithuania, but my canada packages take longer

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE, Audi S5
I’m wondering something...

I’ve set my coming home/leaving lights to be my fogs instead of the low beams, and then coded the DRL LED’s to come on as well. The low beams cast too much light into my neighbors windows at night and I like to be polite.

Is there any way I can change the DRL lights to be the orange turn singles (but solid, obviously)?

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I’m wondering something...

I’ve set my coming home/leaving lights to be my fogs instead of the low beams, and then coded the DRL LED’s to come on as well. The low beams cast too much light into my neighbors windows at night and I like to be polite.

Is there any way I can change the DRL lights to be the orange turn singles (but solid, obviously)?

You can set any light in your car to come on with coming home/leaving home.

Just undo the DRL coding you did for the DRLs, then change the following:

Left turn:

Leuchte 0 BLK VL B36 --> Lichtfunktion B 0--> change from "inactive" to "Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv"

Right turn:

Leuchte1BLK VRB20 --> Lichtfunktion B 1--> change from "inactive" to "Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv"

This assigns CH/LH as a secondary function to the front turns (Lichtfunction A 0 and A 1 being "Blinken links Hellphase" and "Blinken rechts Hellphase", respectively, for left blinker and right blinker).

The CH/LH function will not blink when active and will override your 4-way flashers on the front lights if they are on at the same time as CH/LH. You'd have to do a little more coding to specify that the 4-way flashers take priority over CH/LH. Let me know if that's important to you.

You can also keep the current setup with fogs + DRLs but lower the brightness of the DRLs for CH/LH.

Last edited:

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE, Audi S5
You’re the man, SPB! I’ll give it a shot tomorrow. I would like for the emergency flashers to stock blink but first I’ll see if I like the orange over the white DRLs

nype

Drag Racing Champion
You’re the man, SPB! I’ll give it a shot tomorrow. I would like for the emergency flashers to stock blink but first I’ll see if I like the orange over the white DRLs

Pics / videos or it didn’t happen!

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE, Audi S5
You can set any light in your car to come on with coming home/leaving home.

Just undo the DRL coding you did for the DRLs, then change the following:

Left turn:

Leuchte 0 BLK VL B36 --> Lichtfunktion B 0--> change from "inactive" to "Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv"

Right turn:

Leuchte1BLK VRB20 --> Lichtfunktion B 1--> change from "inactive" to "Coming Home oder Leaving Home aktiv"

This assigns CH/LH as a secondary function to the front turns (Lichtfunction A 0 and A 1 being "Blinken links Hellphase" and "Blinken rechts Hellphase", respectively, for left blinker and right blinker).

The CH/LH function will not blink when active and will override your 4-way flashers on the front lights if they are on at the same time as CH/LH. You'd have to do a little more coding to specify that the 4-way flashers take priority over CH/LH. Let me know if that's important to you.

You can also keep the current setup with fogs + DRLs but lower the brightness of the DRLs for CH/LH.

So weird thing happened. I went to my DRL leuchte2sl and leuchte3sl and nothing is set for CH/LH where I had previously set it, but the DRL’s still turn on with CH/LH. Thoughts?