GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDeleven Help!

heelntoe

i wanna go fast
Hi all,

just got an OBDeleven Pro.

when i go in to my profile and "Get Pro", it asks for an activation code.
i then enter the activation code from the side of the OBDeleven box (12 alpha-numeric code).

then i hit "Accept" and......
nothing. not even an error message. just goes back to the profile page and does nothing. ive tried logging out multiple times and still the issue persists.

Anyone?! thanks!!

Edit: More info... Using a kindle fire 8 and pro version purchased on Amazon, fwiw

Last edited:

dietcokefiend

Master of Disaster
They might be having server side issues.

Did you side load the google play store on the Fire? I'm rocking a couple with OBDEleven, so no device related issues. I'm guessing it's connection problems to their end.

heelntoe

i wanna go fast
They might be having server side issues.

Did you side load the google play store on the Fire? I'm rocking a couple with OBDEleven, so no device related issues. I'm guessing it's connection problems to their end.

i did side load the google play store on the kindle and it all seemed to go very smoothly until the entering of the pro code.

also, i did my first scan on a 2 week old car and got 24 fault codes accross many different areas.... most of them were due to low battery voltage. i dont want to clear the codes because i want to learn why im getting these. i am the noobiest of the noobs as it pertains to obdeleven.

is there an obdeleven for dummies thread that i have not found?

heelntoe

i wanna go fast
Update/side tangent

i scanned my car for the first time, and by accident engine was running... got 24 fault codes...

turned engine off, cleared the codes, and scanned again. no fault codes.

this has now changed my push start to needing to hold it down, rather to simply pressing it.
however it FIXED the issue of my blindspot assist function turning off every time i shift into reverse.

fell down a lot of rabbit holes on google/threads of people getting in to shouting matches as to how the push start is supposed to be. none of those threads mention obdeleven or anything of the sort.

i have inadvertently "converted" my ignition to needing to hold it down to turn it over and i dont like it. any idea how to go back???

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
also, i did my first scan on a 2 week old car and got 24 fault codes accross many different areas.... most of them were due to low battery voltage. i dont want to clear the codes because i want to learn why im getting these. i am the noobiest of the noobs as it pertains to obdeleven.

Probably just from the car being on the lot for a while and the battery running down. Low voltage causes ALL kinds of spurious electrical-related faults that are meaningless. Go ahead and clear them and check in a few days to see if anything comes back - 10/1 you stay clean.

pheare

Passed Driver's Ed
I don’t see how you could have changed any functionality simply by scanning and clearing codes. But I am certainly no expert.

Unless you actually programmed some sort of change, it is likely coincidence. I don’t know of any option to change the start button behavior (that is not to say there isn’t one).

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
this has now changed my push start to needing to hold it down, rather to simply pressing it.
On my '18 R, I barely press the button at all. I just press it and let go. I never hold it down and the car always starts.

The manual says "Briefly press the start button" but does not define briefly. Then it says "When the engine starts, release the starter button." That implies you hold the button down until the engine starts. So it's ambiguous as to what "briefly press" really means.

So my car works like yours was working and I have never had to press and hold until the car starts.

I can't see how clearing codes would change this.

Bonachea

Passed Driver's Ed
If it helps I also recently cleared a few codes on OBDeleven and my push button also went from push to start, to hold to start.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

heelntoe

i wanna go fast
Ok so sitrep.

Car turned on normally this morning. One press start, no need to hold. Just like before.
Did another scan. No codes.

The only thing I can think is maybe the ECU reset overnight or something.

This is way out of my jurisdiction of knowledge, but we are back to normal now.

Bonachea

Passed Driver's Ed
Wierd. I will have to see if mine goes back to normal. Not too big of a deal. Just more of an annoyance because I'm used to one push start....."click" no start

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
If it helps I also recently cleared a few codes on OBDeleven and my push button also went from push to start, to hold to start.

aar1217

Passed Driver's Ed
This happened to me on my car. I cleared out some codes (related to low voltage) and the next morning I thought the car battery was dead. I held the push button and it started up fine. After a few drives it went back to normal.

mherrema

Car(s)
'21 GLI Autobahn 6MT
I've been having with my 2021 Jetta GLI Autobahn 6MT About a year ago I used TorquePro with a generic OBDII BT scanner to clear a check engine light caused by a loose gas cap. From that moment on, I've had to hold the start button down for 2-3 seconds while the engine cranks, versus just being able to tap it once and having the engine crank automatically. I took it to the dealer, they replaced the button under warranty but nothing changed. They opened a case with VW who gave their classic "within normal operating specs" reply. Anybody know if this is something that can be solved using OBDeleven adapations or long coding? I've done a lot of Googling but haven't turned up anything yet. Hoping a bump will breathe some fresh life into the conversation, it would be really nice to have "tap-to-start" re-enabled.

Car(s)
MK VII 7R
I've been having with my 2021 Jetta GLI Autobahn 6MT About a year ago I used TorquePro with a generic OBDII BT scanner to clear a check engine light caused by a loose gas cap. From that moment on, I've had to hold the start button down for 2-3 seconds while the engine cranks, versus just being able to tap it once and having the engine crank automatically. I took it to the dealer, they replaced the button under warranty but nothing changed. They opened a case with VW who gave their classic "within normal operating specs" reply. Anybody know if this is something that can be solved using OBDeleven adapations or long coding? I've done a lot of Googling but haven't turned up anything yet. Hoping a bump will breathe some fresh life into the conversation, it would be really nice to have "tap-to-start" re-enabled.
Just had a look at B7 moduel, i dont see any adaptation or long coding entry that might effect how the start/stop button functions.

Maybe post in the OBDeleven forums, Don over there is a genius, and might able to help.