GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NOVA Thread

aelred

I've been lurking now for the last week and a half.

I picked up a Onyx Black R with DCC/Nav two Thursdays ago, and am really enjoying it so far (first VW).

Previous four cars: '87 Carrera, '06 Cayenne Turbo, '09 CLK 550, '11 Outback (one of these things is not like the other...) After my son recently moved up and out of a car seat, I decided I was going to get something fun, fast, but (relatively) economical. Those childcare bills are like a second mortgage!

I'm in eastern Loudoun, usually commuting down 286 to the toll road into McLean.

No mods planned yet, first I need to get some protective film and maybe some 50% tint going.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Hello, my fellow NOVAS!
If you live in Northern Virginia, you know what NOVA means!
I just bought my 2015 GTI type SE. Leather seats, sunroof, sound system. I learned how to drive stick on this car, and it drives like a dream. I would love to know where everyone around here meets up for meets? :)

there's nova dubs meet every wednesday at 8 on fairfax towne center, top floor of parking garage right behind the crappy movie theatre.

dc22

Ready to race!
I suggested this as well^. Tomorrow might be a good day to start. I saw we meet during cars and coffee though.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
I'll be at Cars and Coffee at Katie's Coffee in Great Falls Saurday morning. Stop bye and say what's up if your around :)

PGT

Ready to race!
Heading over now....lapis blue R and wearing a dark blue Seacrets shirt and tan Adidas hat

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Great meeting a few of you earlier! Man that show has grown a lot since I lived Fairfax Co, the crowd and cars used to be only a small fraction of that amount a few years ago.
From earlier...

PGT

Ready to race!
I saw you standing there w/ your car but you and an older guy were deep in conversation about something so I didn't interrupt. Nice car!

I parked my R out front, right next to the reserved spots next to Katie's. Got lucky when I pulled in I guess.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
I saw you standing there w/ your car but you and an older guy were deep in conversation about something so I didn't interrupt. Nice car!

I parked my R out front, right next to the reserved spots next to Katie's. Got lucky when I pulled in I guess.
Thanks, I saw yours too out front and it looked great! Sorry man, that older guy owns a bunch of Vettes and ended up selling me a spare LS1 for dirt cheap... future LS1 replacement for a certain rotary powered car I will be picking up as my next project :D

Bbissett

Had my 2018 Golf R for a few months now and am starting to make future plans for modifications. Any recommendations for good reliable shops in NOVA, preferably near Leesburg?

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Vagwerks usually gets recommended quite a bit, also Altered Components.