GOLFMKV

Non-PP GTI WRECKS the snow

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Drove a lot during a snow storm in NJ yesterday. Went down the turnpike, took 295, and 55, and damn. This little car (w/ out LSD, mind you) does better in the snow than any other car I've driven. Granted, I've never driven a truck before. I was going 60 mph in a snow storm, at no point did I lose confidence in the car's ability to maintain its footing. additional +1: got 33 mpg avg amidst the snow!

edit: VERY misleading title, I did not wreck my car, i meant that the car wrecks the snow... didn't realize till afterward that my use of wreck was inappropriate for this thread hahaha.

Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Drove a lot during a snow storm in NJ yesterday. Went down the turnpike, took 295, and 55, and damn. This little car (w/ out LSD, mind you) does better in the snow than any other car I've driven. Granted, I've never driven a truck before. I was going 60 mph in a snow storm, at no point did I lose confidence in the car's ability to maintain its footing. additional +1: got 33 mpg avg amidst the snow!

So if you had PP you think it would have ended better?
Was it acceleration spinning and LSD would have helped?

Sorry about car. How bad was it? I take it you are ok?:eek:

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Okay the title was extremely misleading. I did NOT wreck my car. I said "the car WRECKS the snow" aka it does very well in the snow. I'm very okay, and my car is very okay. Apologize for the poorly worded title

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
So if you had PP you think it would have ended better?
Was it acceleration spinning and LSD would have helped?

Sorry about car. How bad was it? I take it you are ok?:eek:

Did you read the post? :rolleyes:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Did you read the post? :rolleyes:

Ok explain Speedie?
I did see that he does not have PP.
His post stated "wreck in snow".

I asked how he felt PP would help prevent wreck.

I know in what situations PP would help, but I do not know specifics of his wreck (or now known as no wreck)

His post reads like his car does well in snow, but title reads that he still wrecked it??????

Remember we are all not 20 years old, so speak English.

Last edited:

Whackamac

Ready to race!
Ok explain Speedie?

I know in what situations PP would help, but I do not know specifics of his wreck (or now known as no wreck)

His post reads like his car does well in snow, but title reads that he still wrecked it??????

Damn, I'm 42 and I understood it just fine.

It's called slang, yo. Look it up.

And seeing you possibly were too old, pompous, or rich as a kid to have been exposed to urban slang, let me extend the sentence stated in the title above:

"Non PP GTI WRECKS the snow's negative driving effects compared to my old cars." Yo.:cool:

Like my friends used to tell me. Learn foreign slang. Then you will know when motherf***ers are plotting against you. So chill, bra. You are behind the times.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Damn, I'm 42 and I understood it just fine.

It's called slang, yo. Look it up.

And seeing you possibly were too old, pompous, or rich as a kid to have been exposed to urban slang, let me extend the sentence stated in the title above:

"Non PP GTI WRECKS the snow's negative driving effects compared to my old cars." Yo.:cool:

Like my friends used to tell me. Learn foreign slang. Then you will know when motherf***ers are plotting against you. So chill, bra. You are behind the times.

Not too old, maybe mature.
Not rich, Dad was in Army for 20 years.
Mother did do a good job raising us right.
No, not talking slang, no reason for that.
Played football for 10 years, 4 of which were in college, so exposed too much.
But this is not a contest, so continue with your story so others can enjoy.
Sorry for thinking you had a problem.

Last edited:

Pyramid1

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok explain Speedie?

"wrecks the snow" (as in the title) and "wreck in snow" (your interpretation) mean two entirely different things in English. Just sayin..

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
"wrecks the snow" (as in the title) and "wreck in snow" (your interpretation) mean two entirely different things in English. Just sayin..

Understand.
As I started to state in an early post, I originally read the post during lunch at work and was looking over posts quickly.
Talk slang, your choice. Proceed.

I Googled "wreck the snow" and this thread came up.
Now you are famous GolfWang.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.