GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"No Readable Files" on SD card

Jack Straw

Ready to race!
I'm using Export for ITunes to transfer music files to an SD card. I formatted the card to Ex FAT and the export process appeared to work properly but when I insert the card in the #1 slot (#2 slot has the nav card) my screen reads No Readable Files.

Any help would be welcome.:confused:

Last edited:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I just name folders with the names of the artists, put the albums into them, then drag them over to the SD card. Slot 1 is designed for the NAV card.

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
Fwiw, aiff dont read through usb. Wav and mp3 are fine. Havent tried lossless.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
What make & speed (i.e. Class 10) is your SD card? This isn't rocket surgery, should work fine. It does sound like you have the cards reversed, but IIRC Slot 1 is also capable of reading music, even though its primary purpose is the maps card, if you are nav-equipped.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Exfat is newer format and isn’t too compatible. I wouldn’t be surprised if it can’t be read by the MIB2.

Give fat32 a try, it’s older and more compatible

Jack Straw

Ready to race!
Reformatted to fat32 but no joy. Slot 1 resulted in "no playable files" and Slot 2 read "source not supported."
After switching the nav card over to the other slot it appeared to read properly so that should indicate that the slot works.
I'm thinking I maybe should try another SD card of a different brand??

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion

Jack Straw

Ready to race!
Thanks for all the tips you guys. I've got it working now!!:)

The problem was the nut behind the wheel. I outsmarted myself by using the Export For ITunes program to load my SD card when I could have simply used the method The Fed suggested; drag the music folders over to the bloody card and be done with it.

The Export program dialog said the files were transferred but when I actually opened the card to check it was empty.......

I may be a maroon but at least I have my tunes now.

Last edited:

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
The Export program dialog said the files were transferred but when I actually opened the card to check it was empty.......

Glad you got it working, but that's a head-scratcher for sure. I use that program all the time with zero issues. It's especially handy because of how it automatically "fixes" your playlists with no manual intervention.

I think I know what's happening. The files are getting written, but not to the SD card as you're expecting them to be - the destination is probably somewhere on your hard drive rather than pointed to the SD card. Try checking that. The settings are a bit tricky in Export for iTunes, but once you get them right, you shouldn't have to fiddle with them much moving forward.