GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No more Gti☹️

spelk3

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘17 BMW xDrive35i
I had to let my Gti go. Sold the Gti to a close friend so it’s still around and I can drive it once in a while. Family needs and disabilities required a change.

Dropping into the drivers seat was an issue for my messed up back. I needed a car that had a higher entry seating position so much to my dismay I ended up getting an SUV. I’m now driving a CPO BMW X3 xDrive35i.

Not nearly as agile as the Gti but much more comfortable behind the wheel. And the turbo inline six is really nice.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Congrats on your BMW.

I pretty much had the same feeling when i sold my previous GTI and bought a bigger SUV.

spelk3

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘17 BMW xDrive35i
Nice what's the performance figures?
I just switched from GTI to R.
I also agree that the GTI is very agile
X3 is rated 300 hp and 300 lb/ft torque. 0-60 in 5.8 sec (5.3 sec according to Car and Driver). It weighs over 4200 lbs. but has traction when you nail the throttle.

Last edited:

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
If anything goes wrong with any of the crappy plastic parts in sunroof they sell the entire thing only 3,200.00. I wedged mine shut and traded it. I've had 535xis, good cars. I wish you well on x3

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Sorry to hear, OP. I understand what you're saying though cause once in a while I badly pull my back and it was an event getting in and out of my car. My back is usually re-aligned by my Chiro within about a week's time..can't imagine doing it long term.

7thVW

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry bro. Back pain is tough. The GTI has been much easier on my back with the DCC. Was driving a Miata for 12k miles, low seating position is not nice. Good luck!

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
Didn’t the x3 have bad reviews (not that I’m trying to be a downer)? I had a family member that had one and it had TONS of issues. It was a little older though, maybe it’s improved.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Didn’t the x3 have bad reviews (not that I’m trying to be a downer)? I had a family member that had one and it had TONS of issues. It was a little older though, maybe it’s improved.

You can find any brand of car where a particular one has lots of problems.