GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NGK 4654 R7437-9 plugs in stock at Rock Auto

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
The color on the plug will tell you how they are after about 5,000 miles. If they are darker, it's too cold. You want a nice light brown. I've ran on step colder on is20. I had issues with a set of denso ikh24, and put stocks back in for a bit that were gapped to 0.025. I ran 27 psi peak down to 22 on 40% ethanol no problem. They didn't skip a beat. Got my best dragy time for 60-100 as well. I cracked into the 5's. Not bad considering I'm a full weight sportwagen with the slushbox auto
Good info. Prolly run the Boschs that are in there for a bit longer, maybe till the Is20 files pop and I decide to swap. Been running them about about 2k miles so far, and 600ish miles tuned with no obvious issues. Other than the throttle/accelerator pedal not reading 100 when against the kickdown switch, the Logs seem to be alright so far with 3rd gear pulls.

Slushbox FWD GSW here too. I'll post up when I swap plugs, and pictures of the 4654's after they've had some miles in them when I swap. I assume they'll prolly be black though if their 2 stages colder and most recommend 1.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Seems an odd plug choice 2x heat ranges colder for a stage 1 tune. Plenty use the racing plugs though and I'm sure they will work well, just a lot of money for something you don't need vs. say the common Denso IKH24s, NGK "RS7", NGK Ruths, or basic NGK stockers.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Good info. Prolly run the Boschs that are in there for a bit longer, maybe till the Is20 files pop and I decide to swap. Been running them about about 2k miles so far, and 600ish miles tuned with no obvious issues. Other than the throttle/accelerator pedal not reading 100 when against the kickdown switch, the Logs seem to be alright so far with 3rd gear pulls.

Slushbox FWD GSW here too. I'll post up when I swap plugs, and pictures of the 4654's after they've had some miles in them when I swap. I assume they'll prolly be black though if their 2 stages colder and most recommend 1.
That throttle question is sorted. 100% fine/normal.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Seems an odd plug choice 2x heat ranges colder for a stage 1 tune. Plenty use the racing plugs though and I'm sure they will work well, just a lot of money for something you don't need vs. say the common Denso IKH24s, NGK "RS7", NGK Ruths, or basic NGK stockers.

View attachment 199144
Yeah. There is some discussion on the FB group around it. Seems it is an overkill recommendation according to a few, and 1 stage colder would probably do. It is what they recommend, but most chock it up to them being cautious. Already bought this set of 4654's so I'll run them and report back for science. Probably swap to the RS7 plugs next time around, See a few people running them with IS20s, so I assume they'll be a good fit when I swap.