GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Newbie purchase

FooDogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S 6MT
Don't forget this person could have just started working from home and just simply stopped using the car.

If the price is right, jump on it. If it's north of $20k I would pass.

I wouldn't be surprised if this car has a super premium attached to it because of the low mileage. A really quick search turned up a few GTI with serious mileage still somehow being well north of 20 grand.
Agreed. A work from home no commute due covid two years car could easily be low miles. I was passing thru Tucson recently, 2 months ago- stopped in the outstanding dealership there for a quote on maintenance, and the trade in guy was chatting with seevice writer, offered to run mine- declined but he told me then he did one on a "2017 Alltrack with 30k"- trade in credit: $18k iirc.

Carvana was paying stupid money then and I'm hearing from another friend: PDR guy who says the three Chevy dealers he works have "lots of new trucks, and no economy cars on lot..."

Gas prices arent going down anytime soon...
This GTI could be a very fair deal, one owner, clean title, no accidents, shop records...

66RBS

Car(s)
2003 Jag. XK8
Thanks to all who contributed. All good points

I bought the car. Carfax, dealer service records back to purchase, etc tell me mileage is legit. Owner works from home so all consistent. VW inspection said no issues with car, Not a lemon recall. Checked water pump and sun roof drains all good. Has 7MM front brake pads and 2000 miles on new Michelin Pilot A/S3.

I am now a member of the club

Randy

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

I bought the car. Carfax, dealer service records back to purchase, etc tell me mileage is legit. Owner works from home so all consistent. VW inspection said no issues with car, Not a lemon recall. Checked water pump and sun roof drains all good. Has 7MM front brake pads and 2000 miles on new Michelin Pilot A/S3.

Randy

Welcome to the club!

Or

Congrats…you are now playing the game

Ghawk

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI, 2019 GLI
The VW dealer doing the PPI should be able to determine if there has a ECU tune from anyone, but not which one.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco

Randy
Congrats, glad it worked out! Sounds like you got a great deal and hope you enjoy the car.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Off topic, kind of.
Speaking of the v-band from the turbo to the DP. Is it acceptable for the band to have a gap at ‘ears’ where the bolt tightens up? I noticed the OEM pipe was draw together tight. With the aftermarket DP there is a gap now. I did check to ensure the flanges were captured all the way around.