GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Newbie - just ordered Limestone GTD

mon2s

Ready to race!
Looks like my wait is going to be extended. 2 weeks running my dealer has texted to say the build week has gone back a week. It was 13, then 14 and now wk15 build. Yikes.

GTD184

Ready to race!
Looks like my wait is going to be extended. 2 weeks running my dealer has texted to say the build week has gone back a week. It was 13, then 14 and now wk15 build. Yikes.

Did the dealer give any reasons? I heard from a couple of dealers last week that lead times had reduced:confused:....although there are many variables that could impact upon build dates.:rolleyes:

I have been quoted 16 weeks for my wife's GTD order but I still have not even had my order confirmed yet and that has been nearly a week:rolleyes: although with the 1st march registration I probably could not of picked a busier week in which to order a new car:eek:

As a fellow brummie and out of interest which VW dealer did you order through?

mon2s

Ready to race!
Hi GTD184,

No reason given although if it happens again this week I will ask if they can find out what the cause of the delay is. I assume it is a component problem perhaps with one of my options?

I can't afford an indefinite delay as I sold my Merc back to the dealership and am in a hire car until the GTD arrives.

I ordered from Tamworth VW. Basically they had a demonstrator that I went to buy but they would not shift on price and it seemed for very little more money I could get brand new with my choice of options.

I didn't shop around as I liked the person I dealt with and they gave me a deal I was happy with. Also, I have just moved house this week and now live closer to Tamworth than Brum.

Kevy D

Passed Driver's Ed
No, haven't seen the colour in the flesh but I'm very decisive and liked it on the pics on the internet plus the colour card in the showroom. Since ordering I've seen it on a standard Golf and it confirmed my choice to me!

Hi mate, great choice of car.
I've seen LSG is the flesh on a GTD, best way I'd describe it is "a lighter grey with a brown flip". Definitely eye-catching!

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Chaps - there is no real delay - its just the dealer guessing and then 'correcting' his guess about when the car will be built. Only the factory in Germany can make that decsion and they do not issue confirmed build weeks until around four weeks prior to build.

mon2s

Ready to race!
That's the problem Mark - I'm nudging the 4 weeks to build date and rather than go confirmed, it gets pushed back to the next week. I reckon there is a particular part shortage on one of my options that means it cannot go confirmed until the parts shortage/delay is resolved.

mon2s

Ready to race!
Hi mate, great choice of car.
I've seen LSG is the flesh on a GTD, best way I'd describe it is "a lighter grey with a brown flip". Definitely eye-catching!

Thanks Kevy D - I can't understand why its not a popular colour choice, I love it from the pics and one car I've seen. Can't wait! blimey your patient - September delivery

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
That's the problem Mark - I'm nudging the 4 weeks to build date and rather than go confirmed, it gets pushed back to the next week.
Sorry - what I was trying to say is that until you hav a confirmed Build Week from the factory showing on your tracker there is no date to be 'pushed back' or delayed as you are referring to the dealers estimated build date which has very little meaning - its just his guess.

Happily I see you now have a confirmed BW so all should be well :)

Kevy D

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks Kevy D - I can't understand why its not a popular colour choice, I love it from the pics and one car I've seen. Can't wait! blimey your patient - September delivery

Yeah, I think it's one of those "Marmite" colours, you either love it or hate it. Guess it depends on your take on brown, hehe. I like it personally, but preferred Carbon Grey.

Tell me about it, September seems a long way off, but that's the earliest time I can replace my existing Golf :(
And to make things worse, I've just had my build week confirmed as week 17! AARGHH

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Are you currently on a lease Kevy?

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra

I fully agree with you – Go for Limestone grey, you won't regret it ;)!

Grey/Silver met is a bit to “common”, the beige/light brown tone is odd and very modern.

My decision as it looks:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28290&postcount=18

Of cause - a matter of taste, but so far I have just got positive feedback (perhaps people are just polite – you will never know :D).

/Peter

mon2s

Ready to race!
Oooh! Now that's what I'm talking about. Very very nice Peter. Thanks for posting those pics.

mon2s

Ready to race!
Sorry - what I was trying to say is that until you hav a confirmed Build Week from the factory showing on your tracker there is no date to be 'pushed back' or delayed as you are referring to the dealers estimated build date which has very little meaning - its just his guess.

Happily I see you now have a confirmed BW so all should be well :)

I disagree Mark - its the factory estimate not the dealer. I have screenshots of the dealers VW screen which gets its info from the factory and it shows the 'original build week' (the one the dealer gives you as the estimate) and the 'current build week' which changes to the 'confirmed build week' once it happens.

Anyhow, all confirmed now. 2 weeks to the build so its all good!

mon2s

Ready to race!
Woohoo! Dealer just sent me a text to say the car has left the factory.

(Order tracker still says 'Build Week Confirmed')

My excitement levels are rising now!!

mon2s

Ready to race!
A quick pic of my pride and joy (thanks to Mark V for the tutorial in how to get my pic onto the site) - collected the car yesterday. A million things to learn about it. Boy, its a nice drive. I've come from a Merc and this is a much better quality interior and there are no rattles either - bonus!.

20140502_114232.jpg