GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Newbie - just ordered Limestone GTD

mon2s

Ready to race!
Hi everyone,

I've just ordered my GTD! Can't wait. Its currently showing build week 13 apparently. Mid to end of April delivery.

Its a few years since I've owned a VW. My last one was a 52 plate Mk4 GT 130PD. I loved that car!

Anyhow, hoping to learn a lot and while away the weeks on the forum.

Cheers,
Simon

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Hi Simon

Welcome along - definitely be worth the wait though :).

GTD184

Ready to race!
Hi everyone,

I've just ordered my GTD! Can't wait. Its currently showing build week 13 apparently. Mid to end of April delivery.

Its a few years since I've owned a VW. My last one was a 52 plate Mk4 GT 130PD. I loved that car!

Anyhow, hoping to learn a lot and while away the weeks on the forum.

Cheers,
Simon

Hi *GTD*

I'm in Birmingham:)

The wife is in the process of ordering her GTD but cannot make her mind up about Limestone Grey. I'm interested if you have seen a GTD in the flesh in Limestone Grey?....if you have please let me know;)......did you order from a VW dealer in Birmingham?

I have been quoted 22 weeks leadtime for delivery so you have achieved a good result for build week 13!

Last edited:

mon2s

Ready to race!
Hi GTD184,

No, haven't seen the colour in the flesh but I'm very decisive and liked it on the pics on the internet plus the colour card in the showroom. Since ordering I've seen it on a standard Golf and it confirmed my choice to me!

I love that its not going to be an especially common colour (surprisingly)

I've ordered from VW Tamworth. Same group as Birmingham, just a bit more personal and that is where the manual demonstrator was that I actually went to buy. Trouble was they wanted too much for it so I ordered new instead.

GTD184

Ready to race!
Hi GTD184,

I've ordered from VW Tamworth. Same group as Birmingham, just a bit more personal and that is where the manual demonstrator was that I actually went to buy. Trouble was they wanted too much for it so I ordered new instead.

I was over at VW Tamworth late on Saturday and was quoted 6% off RRP and it was apparent they did not want or need a sale! I have already managed 13% elsewhere....but it means travelling down to London to a VW dealer to collect.

mon2s

Ready to race!
Blimey! That's a good discount - surely worth a train ride. I did it a couple of years ago to pick up a C Class from Dartford, Kent. Although there is a lot to be said for dealing with someone local and I'm moving closer to Tamworth very soon.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
I have already managed 13% elsewhere....but it means travelling down to London to a VW dealer to collect.
Thats virtually unheard off - I managed to get that but only by agreeing to a 12% discount the day before prices went up by 1% - so it was technicaly 13% off when the order was actually placed with the factory a few days later.

Bite their arm off!

GTD184

Ready to race!

mon2s

Ready to race!
Oooh. Just found this still image of what my car will look like in Limestone with pano. Yum yum! :)

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
That is what another broker reffered VW dealer said when I presented him with my quote!:)
Hope you will be following their suggestion (not literally of course)!

GTD184

Ready to race!
Hope you will be following their suggestion (not literally of course)!

The way my local VW dealer is behaving, having said he could somehow get close to the broker price (which would negate the need to travel too far)....I'm ready to bite his head off not his arm!!:mad:

GTD184

Ready to race!
Oooh. Just found this still image of what my car will look like in Limestone with pano. Yum yum! :)

Another with Santiago's......

Attachments

• IMG_4798_zps7bae4196.jpg
    IMG_4798_zps7bae4196.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 20,935
  • IMG_4800_zps549a8876.jpg
    IMG_4800_zps549a8876.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 46,829

GTD184

Ready to race!
.........and some more;)

Attachments