GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New to modifying.

Hazimaro

Car(s)
Golf GTI MK7 2017
To answer the OP wheel hop concerns I’d highly recommend a BFI dog bone insert, and as others said better tires.

First bolt on performance mod should always be a Intercooler upgrade. A stage 1 car with an intercooler is faster than a stage 2 car without one (heat soak pulls MASSIVE timing and thus power).

seems like the air intake is almost just aesthetically pleasing. I’m learning allot via YouTube ect. And online forms and I have learnt allot. There’s almost no limit sometimes to what you need & how much money to spend. Ultimately comes down to the owner and what makes them happy.

for now I’ve ordered a few bits for next year so it’s all ready at hand. I’m going to enjoy stock prior to getting bored of the speed ect

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Nice Leicaflex.

Thanks! But it’s an M2 actually! It’s from 1963 paired with a Summaron 35 2.8 From 1958 :)

Also have a Nikon F2A with a Nikkor 50 from the 70s but that was my father’s old SLR.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
seems like the air intake is almost just aesthetically pleasing. I’m learning allot via YouTube ect. And online forms and I have learnt allot. There’s almost no limit sometimes to what you need & how much money to spend. Ultimately comes down to the owner and what makes them happy.

for now I’ve ordered a few bits for next year so it’s all ready at hand. I’m going to enjoy stock prior to getting bored of the speed ect

Agree with Jake on the intercooler. Vancouver gets maybe a month or two of HOT (30c+) summer days a year and my old Stage 2 Mk7 GTI felt worse than stock w/o an IC.

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
This Modding FAQ is a little out of date, but there is still a lot of good info to be found there. Have fun modding!