GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New to me 2015 GTI, Starting to mod ?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I finally broke the clutch in, car feels great. I very much like the take up on the clutch, very nice improvement over stock. I don’t have to give it as much pedal while getting going in first from a stop.
The obvious is it’s much faster, there is a huge hit down low around 3300rpm and pulls fairly steady from there, it raps up much faster for the long manual gearing. I just have an IC to instal, I will most likely go with an upgraded EQT turbo and call it quits, right?
A couple things that felt great was leaving a Dodge RT Hemi Charger something,( it had Brembos ?) and he instigated it. Another was an older dude in a G35, he had been kinda messing around on a three lane urban street. I was behind him getting on an interstate, at the top of the ramp I could hear him punch it, I literally just drove right around him as if he hadn’t even been trying, so that was fun.
I’m highly impressed at how this motor goes along with the tuning without any issues, it feels like the engine is supposed to have this power level. Love this car!!

Nice job. I like the way you're going about it. I didn't notice but did you get a downpipe? You'll want that and to install the IC. If you go with an upgraded turbo you'll need a new tune also.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Nice job. I like the way you're going about it. I didn't notice but did you get a downpipe? You'll want that and to install the IC. If you go with an upgraded turbo you'll need a new tune also.

He did install a DP when he did the clutch. It's a couple of posts up.

Justgotohm

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE SP 6sp M
I’m very excited about going with EQT, it was easy as can be to deal with them and Cobb, which updated my firmware.
EQT’s customer service is outstanding, they followed up on the sale and showed interest in helping me understand what I have going on.
I am looking/searching for suggestions on parts that will be of value not associated with the power part of this build.
As far as suspension the active configuration in this car works great, sport mode gives me what I need at the moment. With the brakes I’ll go with more performance oriented pads when the time comes and rotors if needed.
I need to 86 the kinda goofy golf ball shift knob, I don’t like the feel of it. This and something to tighten up the shifter as a whole, right now it feels like it falls into gears without any confidence. I’m assuming motor mounts is a given?
Oh I want to add, a fellow in a black early 90’s Quattro was cruising down I95 in central Florida. I pulled up alongside to have a look, he waved, I hit it, his car exploded with a ferocious soul splitting terror only heard from the deepest parts of hell and was gone. I don’t mean like pulled away, I mean like an AWD launch at 80mph. Dude had to be putting down 550-600+ hp, it’s was awesome to see, love that shit.

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
X3 M40i
I need to 86 the kinda goofy golf ball shift knob, I don’t like the feel of it. This and something to tighten up the shifter as a whole, right now it feels like it falls into gears without any confidence. I’m assuming motor mounts is a given?

I'd definitely recommend that you look into a new mounting setup. There's a much more "direct" feeling throughout the car, both in terms of shifting and basic power delivery. There are a lot of options out there, so evaluate what you have already and what you plan on doing further down the line. There are a lot of different options, brands, and layouts, so being able to find something that's the best for you should be no issue.