GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Yes. S2 base 93oct
What type of weight reduction have you done? Your 60-130 is pretty stout for pump gas aswell, I was not much faster on my 7th revision E-blend tune full weight.
Screenshot_2020-06-03-00-22-47-534_com.dragy.jpg

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
All the rear seats and accessories that normally would be back there are removed. Scales showed 3190lbs last night with 1/4 tank of fuel.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
All the rear seats and accessories that normally would be back there are removed. Scales showed 3190lbs last night with 1/4 tank of fuel.

3190 with no rear seats? What trim?

Edit: I see, SE. That is heavier than I would have thought, especially since the 2 door S is rated iat 2972.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
3190 with no rear seats? What trim?

Edit: I see, SE. That is heavier than I would have thought, especially since the 2 door S is rated iat 2972.
It’s a Sport trim. Oh, and that’s with me in it at 185lbs

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone found some preferred Cobb launch control settings? I’m reading more people are perfering the OEM LC over the Cobb. Wondering if maybe it’s a lack of finding that sweet spot in the settings.

GTMCooper

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI S DSG SneekyTune
2017 GTI S DSG
SneekyTuned
Is20, CTS Catless Downpipe, CTS FMIC, APR HPFP, CTS turbo inlet, 034 dogbone insert, e85. Drag slicks, seats out.
Nothing else done to the car at all outside of catback, that is everything. No suspension, no mounts, no TMD/piping/intake.

Shifted before I even passed the tree on the 1-2 and dropped to below 4k on the 2-3, so I'll be back for more. This is the first run I've ever done on the slicks, and the only cleanish run I had that night. Much more in it, especially trap speed with a terrible DA and 90F ambients, but also 60' wise with me shifting 1-2 about level with the tree before I was even close to the 60'.
Also learned that 15 psi, which I was running, is not the correct PSI for these tires lol.

Attachments

• 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200627010455124_COVER.jpg
    00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200627010455124_COVER.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 250
  • IMG_20200626_180445.jpg
    IMG_20200626_180445.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 243
Last edited:

GTMCooper

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI S DSG SneekyTune
Pretty good 60 considering you think there's more in it at launch.
I'm pretty sure there's at least a tenth in the 60' left. By the log, shifted over 1000 rpm before redline 1-2, and 800 before I wanted to 2-3. Looked back in the video and the 1-2 happened with the tree about level with my A-pillar.

GTMCooper

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI S DSG SneekyTune
Any time you can get a FWD GTI into the 1.6s you are doing good.
I'm pretty content, though I know there's more left. I'm also a non-performance pack, so I don't have a limited slip diff either. Stock suspension hurts because it throws up the nose so hard and squats the rear instead of pushing the weight back to the front.

vw1320

2017 GTI S DSG
SneekyTuned
Is20, CTS Catless Downpipe, CTS FMIC, APR HPFP, CTS turbo inlet, 034 dogbone insert, e85. Drag slicks, seats out.
Nothing else done to the car at all outside of catback, that is everything. No suspension, no mounts, no TMD/piping/intake.

Shifted before I even passed the tree on the 1-2 and dropped to below 4k on the 2-3, so I'll be back for more. This is the first run I've ever done on the slicks, and the only cleanish run I had that night. Much more in it, especially trap speed with a terrible DA and 90F ambients, but also 60' wise with me shifting 1-2 about level with the tree before I was even close to the 60'.
Also learned that 15 psi, which I was running, is not the correct PSI for these tires lol.

What size slicks were you running? Pretty impressive times for the mods.