GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

AdamGTI2

Ready to race!
Where do you guys think the limit is for me with a '17 GTI DSG , with a downpipe and JB4?

Currently working on a custom map 6. I would absolutely LOVE to be able to hit high high 12s haha.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
If all works out right, I should be able to get a 1/4 time for a stock(ish, no power upgrades) PP GTI this Wednesday. Will post mods and slip if I'm able to make it.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Weight reduction has been performed. I have the passenger seat, rear seats, and everything removable from the trunk in a tarp right now, and moving it around I'm pretty sure it's impossible for one person of my strength to lift. I'm feeling pretty good about this Wednesday!

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Weight reduction has been performed. I have the passenger seat, rear seats, and everything removable from the trunk in a tarp right now, and moving it around I'm pretty sure it's impossible for one person of my strength to lift. I'm feeling pretty good about this Wednesday!

Will be interested to see what you run. Not aware of many IS20 times, especially with the 5MT. I'm thinking of heading out tonight as well, but I don't have any motivation to pull the seats lol. I just want that one last great pass before I do my IS38.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Unfortuinately my clutch is now dead. Today at the drag strip was what finished it off. My first launch was a 2.208 60' and was looking great, then I shifted into 2nd and it wasn't looking good, then 3rd and there was nothing. After I let the clutch cool down I made a few more passes, and below is the best of those passes, but it was a relatively gentle launch and granny shifts the whole way. I'll be back later with a new clutch to try to set the NA FWD 1.8t record, but at least I got the mph for the IS20.

13.545 | 109.78 mph | 2.348 | 700DA | MK7 GOLF | 1.8T | IS20 | 5MT | E26 (or 91+E85) | WR | MICH PSS | APR S1+JB4 | MeltedSolid | SONOMA

Video: https://youtu.be/puRV_pXtLuo

Last edited:

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
With that MPH, you should be around 13.0 or less, so at least you know there's a lot more in it.
And you almost won that bracket, your opponent had a hell of a R/T though!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
With that MPH, you should be around 13.0 or less, so at least you know there's a lot more in it.
And you almost won that bracket, your opponent had a hell of a R/T though!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Apparently he's been racing there for 40 years. Nobody ever stands a chance against those old guys at bracket drags.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Here's my second ever run at Sonoma (I'm car 137)

I was up against a Focus RS, gotta say I really wasn't expecting to come out on top.