GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Golf open to order in the UK

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
The VW website now has full details of the new Golf version.

The GTD is apparently cheaper than the current version, however they've dropped the Keyless and Winter pack from the standard equipment list....

Last edited:

Ian91

Ready to race!
Petrol engine on new Mk7

Had a quick look at the web site, could not see any petrol engines on the GT or R line, also I thought they were changing 1.4 tsi petrol for a 1.5 engine unless this is later on in the cycle!

Last edited:

Ian91

Ready to race!
Had a quick look at the web site, could not see any petrol engines on the GT or R line, also I thought they were changing 1.4 tsi petrol for a 1.5 engine unless this is later on in the cycle!

I've just read the 1.5 petrol prices have not yet been released, possibly early spring.

Schumm122

^^ VW will probably leave u lot in the states last as recompense for suing them in relation to the emissions scandal!

I have looked in the website, aparrantly no performance pack on there to spec as an option. It doesn't come with winter pack or keyless either, that is confirmed. But does come with the digital speedometer which looks cool.

To be honest there is not enough there to warrant spending more over the current GTI in my view, especially as it comes with more options as standard. Besides u won't get salesman pushing to sell this yet s they want to get their numbers up on current stock first, some may even feed u sales BS and say u can't order yet even tho it says u can on the website.

The new model offers part leather now for 700 quid which is really good cos if You wanted leather u had to fork out 1700 quid over fabric which is ridiculous, at least this option is a bit of a halfway house.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
VW has stated they are going to hybrid gas/electric and full electric so I'm not surprised they are going to make less diesels.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
The VW website now has full details of the new Golf version.

The GTD is apparently cheaper than the current version, however they've dropped the Keyless and Winter pack from the standard equipment list....

I can't see a direct link on there to spec one up.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Its there. on www.volkswagen.co.uk hit the down key. The new Golf is right at the bottom after the Polo promotion.

I've looked again and its £320 to have winter pack with leather. That is such a rip off !

Is it me or does the 'Black Rubin' paint actually look red/brown?

The Atlantic blue looks very like the Lapiz blue reserved for the current R

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Just read the download PDF brochure the 1.5lt 150PS petrol will be available later in 2017......so if you want petrol its a 1.0lt or the 1.4 125PS, or GTI /R....in estate its a big jump from the 1.4lt 125ps to the "R"...& DSG only,,

Note new additional German colours for UK....dark met green , dark met brown, met yellow, & two met blues....

Also note the GT/R trim or Alcantara & cloth has been down graded to "Art velour/cloth...obviously they can't afford to buy in the Alcantara so have opted for cheaper no-name stuff...

Also the new big satnav looks worse than the aftermarket Sintegrate big screen item......& I see that we now also have "Clubsport" type bumpers on the cars......

I think the MK7 pre-fl is still the better looking....

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
I think the MK7 pre-fl is still the better looking....

It appears really colour sensitive, IMO the new front valance / fog light area looks dreadful in lighter colours. Clearly its only an artist impression but I think the new shape will suit the darker colours better. I'm not too keen on the new GTi wheels either.

phope1

Ready to race!
There's a BMW colour called Rubin Black...I wonder if it will be a very similar hue - if so, I like

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Thanks for the link, but gave up, as is almost always the VW site is mind-numbingly slow, even without the link. Hope it's mega busy else, one wonders how they expect to sell any cars :rolleyes:....

Last edited:

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
There's a BMW colour called Rubin Black...I wonder if it will be a very similar hue - if so, I like]

I do too, However its a no cost option on the GTD so its not likely to have the same pearlescent sheen. VW don't miss an opportunity to make a few more quid.