GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Clutch Time?

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
I plan on sticking with the OEM rear main seal and not touching it unless it's leaking. IMO, OEM parts almost always are leagues better than aftermarket ones

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Rebuilt clutch has arrived.
1096649C-B05A-4E60-BB90-8A4DCD0FE284.jpeg

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Yeah having run different friction material clutch discs on this car and daily driving thoughout them, it’s def. Much better driving with a full face organic friction material, cause it’s still designed to slip as it grabs for smoother take offs. When you’re getting into the really grippy stuff like the segmented Kevlar and ceramics and it’s really an abrupt “on/off” window that’s annoying when trying to drive lazy commute style.
My racecar is a 6puck race clutch with a one piece carbon driveshaft, ultralight flywheel, and rwd. On cold mornings the slicks have zero grip and the clutch is so on/off that getting it onto a trailer without crab walking or pissing off neighbors is a fun line to dance. I can't imagine dailying that, but I'm sure someone out there does! Lol

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
30 autox events shouldn't have worn the clutch out that much. I think like someone else mentioned that maybe the leaky rms caused some accelerated wear.

Good on you for actually taking the time to check with SB and verify! Less work later!

Reactions: krs