GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Autox/Track/Weekend car?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I wish I did. STU this year was interesting. Last year after the Fiata came in and (although basically being disqualified) dropped time on the class that woke a lot of people up. People seemed to come back this year with builds much closer to the edge of the ruleset
I don't remember why the Fiata got disqualified.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I don't remember why the Fiata got disqualified.
Turbo blanket.

Unfortunately the dealer decided to play tons of games, to the point where I had to back out of the purchase. Just way too much risk for a car I wouldn't even get to see in person for 3 weeks after purchase. I'm back on the hunt now, the LSD option (PTV) wasn't selected by a shocking number of people.

As for split, probably 70/30 autox/track. Maybe 80/20.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Turbo blanket.

Unfortunately the dealer decided to play tons of games, to the point where I had to back out of the purchase. Just way too much risk for a car I wouldn't even get to see in person for 3 weeks after purchase. I'm back on the hunt now, the LSD option (PTV) wasn't selected by a shocking number of people.

As for split, probably 70/30 autox/track. Maybe 80/20.
That's the kind of shit that drives me nuts about autocross. What kind of weenie protested that?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
311363038_825422201800168_1377023305327337326_n.jpg

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
There are 2 981 GTS showing on the Porsche USA site, which allows you to search by feature. Both have X73, PTV, and PDK.
Yeah I've already pinged the Chicago one. They're not budging on price which seems ~4k high. They've already been sitting on it for 5-6wks so hoping another couple weeks gets them talking. CA one I might ping as well (but >3k shipping cost sucks), and there's one on BaT.

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
981 cayman hands down is the winner

Nice problem. I agree with the 981. The Grand Sport is an awesome track car as well, and would be quicker than the Cayman with very little added mod money, but the Cayman S is a joy to drive on track and on the road. I have to think Grand Sports would be tough to find and pretty pricey but that is just a guess.

Both should be reliable.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Nice problem. I agree with the 981. The Grand Sport is an awesome track car as well, and would be quicker than the Cayman with very little added mod money, but the Cayman S is a joy to drive on track and on the road. I have to think Grand Sports would be tough to find and pretty pricey but that is just a guess.

Both should be reliable.
Finding a 981 has been a bear. Lots available, almost none with the LSD (PTV option). Got the whole winter to look at this point tho.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Finding a 981 has been a bear. Lots available, almost none with the LSD (PTV option). Got the whole winter to look at this point tho.
Yep. Even on Rennlist. No one gets the LSD

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Looks beautiful, excited to see it out this summer!
Just gotta figure out what I'm doing for wheels... nobody makes an OTS 19" "ideal" autocross fitment, so it's either run 0.5" narrow out back, run 0.5" wide up front with Apex wheels and hope nobody notices, or spend $3600 on BC forged wheels in the right fitment!