GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New APR Intake System for Only $189.95!

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
had mine on for about a week. I think the sound is nice. With stock airbox and the typical DIY mods you could sorta hear the turbo with windows down. Now you can definitely hear it (especially windows down) but its not obnoxious or anything. Like others said, if you want max noise, get an all metal one. My APR intake is used with MST TIP and MST hose.

Great product for the price, seems silly to have another intake on an already super saturated market, but obviously there was a desire for a high quality / affordable one.

Oh and my nipple was plenty stiff too.
On paper, it seems like the plastic would absorb more sound but I'm not all that sure there is much of a difference.
Now granted, my hearing is not good, since I can barely hear the DV go off with windows closed.

Still, I had both the Injen all metal intake and the IE V2 intake and can't say which is louder. I took off the Injen intake, because with the APR tune the DV made a bunch of unpleasant fluttering sounds. The EQT tune does not flutter at all. When getting off throttle, there is a single crisp "PSHHH" sound. Not as cool as the fenderwell intake on my old WRX, but haven't heard another car suck as loud as that one.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
placebo, both ways
Huh, so you are saying people thinking the hot cold air intakes reducing power is as much of a placebo as thinking the stock box gains power? I just want wooshy noises 😂

On paper, it seems like the plastic would absorb more sound but I'm not all that sure there is much of a difference.
Now granted, my hearing is not good, since I can barely hear the DV go off with windows closed.

Still, I had both the Injen all metal intake and the IE V2 intake and can't say which is louder. I took off the Injen intake, because with the APR tune the DV made a bunch of unpleasant fluttering sounds. The EQT tune does not flutter at all. When getting off throttle, there is a single crisp "PSHHH" sound. Not as cool as the fenderwell intake on my old WRX, but haven't heard another car suck as loud as that one.
Yeah it seems its all really the same thing. I'm trying to find a used one to avoid spending 200 on a noise maker but no one seems to be selling right now.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Yeah it seems its all really the same thing. I'm trying to find a used one to avoid spending 200 on a noise maker but no one seems to be selling right now.
I have an ebay knock off laying around somewhere if you want.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Finally got ahold of one for $180, looks great.

20230813_200744.jpg

Cleaned it with OrangeSol to dissolve all the old oil, reoiled it with K&N filter oil. The stock intake hose is a bit loose on the PEX intake so 1 wrap of gorilla tape gave it the thickness it needed for the clamp to seal well.

I didn't want to spend $30 on a little breather filter so I ordered an 8 dollar "uxcell" brand 25mm ID breather off Amazon. On the SAI hose, you can unclip the plastic bits that are used to lock it onto the original intake, leaving just the 30mm diameter fitting. Take the O ring off too. Then any bog standard 25mm breather pushes right onto the SAI fitting.