GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEUSPEED Power Module

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I'm the noobie who didn't do his research. Yes I should have bought the JB1 instead of the NPM but I'm happy with the increased performance over stock.

One thing I've noticed is once you get used to the power, it never seems like enough. I've been checking for boost leaks thinking something has come loose.

I may do a stage 1 tune eventually. These piggyback modules are a good introduction. Definitely worth it.

Screw it. Eurodyne Stage I and CTS Catless resonated TBE here I come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcruz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk8 Golf R
Screw it. Eurodyne Stage I and CTS Catless resonated TBE here I come.

If you are running a tbe then its stage 2.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
If you buy one today knowing your choices, yes. If you bought one a year or two ago, no. You bought the NPM and you say your happy with it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it's short coming vs. the competition. Someone asked about it running lean. You have no clue how the NPM is running. Even if you don't touch a custom map on the JB1/JB4. You can see what it is doing and you can log it. It's a no brainer. I gues your old school though and will take your chances. I can see what my AFR is. I can see my timing. Glad your happy wondering

NPM has been out longer than JB1. Modded Euros logged over 25000 miles on S3 Audi shop car with NPM. They and other vendors have sold probably 1000's by now. No reported engine problems nor failures directly related to NPM. So "wondering" just must be OK. You have zero hard data (zero personal experience) to back anything you are saying. Again, you jumped on only my third reason for buying over Jb1. SMALLER more hidable unit and ONLY two plugs to install where main reasons in addition to pricing.

TWINDAD, let's instead save the forum from more repeatitive comments and posts. I will go Cobb next and it was not available back in August. But, for a cheap, easy, and reliable piggyback the Neuspeed Power Module is a great product. Wow........ Grind your axe elsewhere Chief.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
No need to grind my axle. I did my research and have a better product. So much so that I don't need to buy a Cobb. Why, because mine does what a Cobb can do and it cost less and doesn't void your warranty. You should just really admit it and just go by a JB4. You will be happier once you convert. just as you say I have to grind an axle, you are always the first one jumping on anyone who says the JB unit is better than the NPM. Tell me what your car is doing lately. How is your AFR? How much boost are you actually hitting over the ecu request? How is your timing? Are you losing any? Any corrections? Come back to me with that about your NPM and then I will agree that it's an equal product. Like I said, it's not a bad product, it was good during its day. It just needs to evolve to catch up. Until then it's not the best buy for a piggy back.

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
If you are running a tbe then its stage 2.

I ran my MKVI with my UR DP with no tune and no issues at all. I had it flashed from Stage II to stock before I sold it, left the DP on it and drove it that way for over a month. Could I not do the same with Stage I? I would only want the TBE for the sound, not the Stage II flash.

jcruz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk8 Golf R
I ran my MKVI with my UR DP with no tune and no issues at all. I had it flashed from Stage II to stock before I sold it, left the DP on it and drove it that way for over a month. Could I not do the same with Stage I? I would only want the TBE for the sound, not the Stage II flash.

I would personally run a map that's optimized for the mods you have, but it's your choice brother. Could you run the DP on stage 1, for sure. You will most likely have to deal with a CEL unless you are using a spacer. But if you are going eurodyne, there is no additional cost to upload the stage 2 which would be more specifically optimized for your build.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
No need to grind my axle. I did my research and have a better product. So much so that I don't need to buy a Cobb. Why, because mine does what a Cobb can do and it cost less and doesn't void your warranty. You should just really admit it and just go by a JB4. You will be happier once you convert. just as you say I have to grind an axle, you are always the first one jumping on anyone who says the JB unit is better than the NPM. Tell me what your car is doing lately. How is your AFR? How much boost are you actually hitting over the ecu request? How is your timing? Are you losing any? Any corrections? Come back to me with that about your NPM and then I will agree that it's an equal product. Like I said, it's not a bad product, it was good during its day. It just needs to evolve to catch up. Until then it's not the best buy for a piggy back.

Great! Want a cookie?

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I would personally run a map that's optimized for the mods you have, but it's your choice brother. Could you run the DP on stage 1, for sure. You will most likely have to deal with a CEL unless you are using a spacer. But if you are going eurodyne, there is no additional cost to upload the stage 2 which would be more specifically optimized for your build.

I ran Stage II with my Ultimate racing DP, then in winter used Stage I file and when my clutch started slipping. I eventually remove the flash all together and ran just the DP with no tune at all. Never had a CEL with the UR DP, but that was their promise. No CEL, no spacer needed. Great piece of kit. I get what you are saying about running Stage II and I'm on the boat, just don't want my clutch to slip. Initially I was going to run just the CTS TBE with no flash at all.

jcruz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk8 Golf R
I ran Stage II with my Ultimate racing DP, then in winter used Stage I file and when my clutch started slipping. I eventually remove the flash all together and ran just the DP with no tune at all. Never had a CEL with the UR DP, but that was their promise. No CEL, no spacer needed. Great piece of kit. I get what you are saying about running Stage II and I'm on the boat, just don't want my clutch to slip. Initially I was going to run just the CTS TBE with no flash at all.

Ahhh I didn't realize you were 6MT..I'm on dsg so my concerns aren't as heightened when it comes to tranny. Numbers arent bad on a mk7 with that set up and stock tune. my baseline for my Protune was DP, intake, golf r intercooler, and the numbers were pretty good on stock tune lol

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
NPM was a nice increase in power. Definitely prompted me to go to a low output tune, but those looking for something they could remove roadside in a pinch, could do worse than the NPM.

That being said, JB1 is the more popular option. Options are always a good thing, though.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT

If you dont want to replace your clutch, stay stock. If you go stage 1 your clutch will slip in short order. If you're stage 1 w/ DP it will slip even sooner. The only remotely "safe" increase in power on 6MTs would be getting a CEL free DP and running it without any software or piggyback tunes.

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Grrrr. I know of the clutch woes. There is a guy in my town running APR Stage II, APR DP, APR exhaust with no slipping of his clutch. But I know it's hit and miss.

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Should have gotten a 6MT R then I would just replace the clutch and go for it but this car is only going to be in my hands until the new MK8 R comes out. I don't like the all digital dash though.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Should have gotten a 6MT R then I would just replace the clutch and go for it but this car is only going to be in my hands until the new MK8 R comes out. I don't like the all digital dash though.

If this is a serious statement, then you can afford a 6MT R. Which means, you can afford a new clutch on your GTI...