GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need some advice!

csumpte

I own a ford focus st (silly I know) and debating between ordering a GTI now or waiting and ordering a golf R with all the options and color I want. What would you do? Does any one know when you can put in an order for a Golf R in United States?? Help me out guys and gals!!

jikhead1

What's on your wish list? Only you can really decide. If you want AWD and/or a little more stock HP, then I'd say you want to wait. If you're not concerend with AWD, then get the GTI. You'll be able to get an APR tune later that will be more HP than stock R. It would suck to get the GTI, only to then decide and get the R...you wasted some $$ plus paying sales tax twice. At my age, time really flies. So waiting another 6 months for the R is no big deal. Especially when I'm already driving a MK6 R.

yegor

Ready to race!
I have an MK6 GTI and without a doubt it's one of the best cars. But the debate about the R being just slightly better than the GTI is not relevant anymore I think. I had an MK5 R32 and it is still my favorite all around within the cars I've had including R56 JCW and '08 M Coupe. Yes, the GTI can be tuned and brought to the performance close to the R, but will never provide the dinamics of the AWD. The MK7 R doesn't have the VR6 and the sexy sound of the R32, but it's the best R ever by finally bringing that desirable gap between the GTI. I'm anxiously waiting for the day when I can place an order for the car, but my MK6 is still going to stay in the stable as my daughter's daly driver. If the price difference is not an issue, go for it, you will never regret.

csumpte

Thanks for the feedback! I think I am going to hold out and wait, It'll be my first Golf so why not get it right the first time. Hopefully I can order one exactly the way I want it. Are they making limited numbers?

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
AWD or death!

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
whats so silly about owning a focus st op, just curious? the st is more fun to drive stock than the gti (at least on the mk6) but i hear is not as comfortable nor spacious as gti as well. but u can get sways, unibraces, stage 1/2 tune and better tires to be just as fun or more on the gti.