GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need help installing my ECS Wheel Spacer Flush Kit

jmp4golfvw

Ready to race!
Hey all,
I just received my ECS Wheel Spacer Flush Kit (2-15mm and 2-20mm spacers and bolts) today and I have a few questions...

I basically don't get how this process goes...

I don't understand how the bolts are installed on the spacer, how the bolts the spacer's came with go on and are secured because there are no lug nuts with the new bolts. (Every video I've seen the new bolts are fixed onto the spacer before it goes onto the hub.) I'm just confused on the process overall...

If anyone has an actual DIY link for this ECS kit or at least this type of spacer I'd be most grateful as I want to install these tomorrow morning.

Thanks in advance...

• 2015 VW Golf SEL1.8L TSI w/ LP •

German cars don't usually have wheel studs so no nuts. it's lug bolts that you see in your package which are longer than the stock ones. put the spacer on the wheel hub. light up the hole, put on wheel, line up the hole, hand thread the bolt for a few turns then tighten and torque

jmp4golfvw

Ready to race!
German cars don't usually have wheel studs so no nuts. it's lug bolts that you see in your package which are longer than the stock ones. put the spacer on the wheel hub. light up the hole, put on wheel, line up the hole, hand thread the bolt for a few turns then tighten and torque

No s#%t? Okay so they float in essence, then it's the new longer bolts, that came with the kit, secure the spacer to the hub and the wheel? Thanks btw Rob

Anyone have pics?

jmp4golfvw

Ready to race!
If you are unsure about them hanging on the longer bolts, get this tool from this ECS video.

Should be one in back of car is there not?

Been a while.

I ordered a longer metal hanger from ECS

Thanks guys, think I was over complicating the whole process. The videos I had watched were with a different type of spacer, which was confusing me...I appreciate it. Going to install them here in a little while and I let you guys know how it goes, plus post a few pics.

jolebole

Ready to race!
Check out my car journal. I installed the same spacers in less then hour. I've been driving the spacers for over 10k now, No issues. Just make sure you don't mix the bolts since rear are longer then the front. If you mix them you will have vibration. Ask me how I know.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
......:eek: THAT IS WHAT THAT IS FOR?!?! I saw that in the back of my car and thought nothing of it then proceeded to install my spacers while struggling to position them perfectly to get the lug bolts in for 2 hours. *facepalm*
Can't stop laughing, this was my exact reaction a few years ago after selling my first Audi after 4 years of ownership I never knew what that was for lol, then again it took me 2 years to find out that it had a heated steering wheel:eek:.
Note to self... Read the owners manual :)

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
......:eek: THAT IS WHAT THAT IS FOR?!?! I saw that in the back of my car and thought nothing of it then proceeded to install my spacers while struggling to position them perfectly to get the lug bolts in for 2 hours. *facepalm*

Been there, done that. Haha.

I'm never surprised they always make something these days to help the diy-ers.

jmp4golfvw

Ready to race!
Here's a pic ya'll
absolutely love the new stance....between the spacers and VWR springs everything looks [emoji106]

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Resurrecting this dusty old thread with what's most likely a goober question. If I have spacers installed, is it necessary to tell a shop beforehand if they have to remove the wheels? Only asking since the spacers don't sit on studs, there is the possibility they could fall straight down-- right? I would hate to forget to tell them and have the spacers damaged or have one drop on their foot.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
It would be a good suggestion, but anybody removing your wheels should be looking for that. After being on the car for awhile, they kind of "stick" on to the hub. When I remove my wheels, I never had the spacers fall down, but it could definitely happen.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Resurrecting this dusty old thread with what's most likely a goober question. If I have spacers installed, is it necessary to tell a shop beforehand if they have to remove the wheels? Only asking since the spacers don't sit on studs, there is the possibility they could fall straight down-- right? I would hate to forget to tell them and have the spacers damaged or have one drop on their foot.

They'll either stay on the hub or the wheel so yes it is a good idea to let them know also if you are doing tire rotation remember to let them know what goes where, longer bolts etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk