GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need for Speed: Shift 2

mikochu

boogerface
Car(s)
2010 VW GTI 2 Door
I picked it up for PS3 so I could use my aging Driving Force Pro steering wheel. I've only got a few hours in, but I'm enjoying it. The AI is pretty good. There are some glitches that everyone hopes gets patched, but I'm having a lot of fun driving a track-prepped MKV in Helmet Cam mode.

mikochu

boogerface
Car(s)
2010 VW GTI 2 Door
Drifting seems to be impossible with a steering wheel. Check GTPlanet.com's Shift forum for more info...

As for being a driving sim, I think it's aimed to be a "racing sim." It's gritty and the A.I. seems to be more unpredictable. It's the game between a fun arcade racer and a Gran Turismo/Forza 3. I've played all Gran Turismo games and was a bit disappointed with GT5, especially after playing Forza 2 and 3 on the 360. Shift 2 gives me those butterflies in my stomach when I'm racing.

I'd definitely give it a try. Even if you don't initially like it, tweak the controls and try it again. I bought it, popped it in and hated it. Gave it a second chance the next day and I love it.

mikochu

boogerface
Car(s)
2010 VW GTI 2 Door
but then again it could just be me going full retard...

Have you played GT5 a lot? You might want to watch your telemetry HUD and pay attention to the tire direction, heat, and speed. Cars in GT5 squeal a lot. They don't squeal as much in Shift 2, so you probably reach the car setup's limit before you can realize it.

SapperStryker

Yes....
Car(s)
07' GTi MKv
i can't wait to play it. downloading to my computer via iraq internet....

25kbs

7,081.4 MB total.

it might be a couple of weeks before i get to play.... worth it!