GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nc gti where are you at?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Will do. It will probably be in a week or two. I've been real busy lately and picked up my new 17 Sport today in DC

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Met up with Alex and his wife Victoria today for Cars & Coffee the food trucks and a beer. Had a great time, hopefully we can get a few more mk7 together for a meet

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Last edited:

alexSU

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice meeting you Jake! Thanks for coming out and hanging with us. Nice cars and good beer is always a recipe for good times! just don't mix those two haha

Btw, your GTi fucking scoots man, holy shit haha!

alexSU

Passed Driver's Ed
I noticed last night that the lighting package GTi's do have the 2nd DRL like the Golf R so I'm guessing I could probably get both to light up.

alexSU

Passed Driver's Ed
Never mind, it's just a reflector. I'd have to buy replica R headlights which I'd never do since, well, they're replicas and my lighting package headlights are better.

hawker800mech

Ready to race!
Located in Concord and work in Charlotte. Picked up my new GTI Autobahn PP last week and am trying so hard not to spend more money on goodies. I've slipped a little but nothing major.

hawker800mech

Ready to race!
Welcome! It's such a great car straight out of the box... but, if I had to play devil's advocate, the JB1 is a tremendous value.

So, I was looking at APR Stg 1. Is it comparable to APR and what makes it tremendous? Coworker has Unitronic stg 1 and it is pretty quick.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Unitronic and APR are the two biggest names for tuning, both will pick up about 100hp (crank) or about 85-90whp. They offer features like eliminated CEL for high flow downpipe and removal of the speed governor. Once you get a downpipe you re flash to stage 2 and make even more power. The tune also counts as a credit towards is38 or stage 3 if you decide to go further. Several dealerships in our area are also tune dealers so your warranty isn't really an issue.

JB1 and power module are "piggy back". They offer about 1/2 to 1/3 the power increase and none of the other options a tune gives you, but are "don't void your warranty".

There's tons of info on this site about all the options but one ride in a tuned car (APR or otherwise) and you won't concider anything but a tune