GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nav Pro and Discover map updates

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
5 years of updates now instead of three and it includes existing owners.

I hope this spreads to us guys, at the moment it is 3 years or limited to three updates but as yet there is still no official site live in order to run the updates therefore I am unable to update my nav pro.

Not bad considering the Mk7 was launched in NZ over 18 months ago.

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
You use the German VW site to update the nav pro and it's 5 years for everyone. Actually it takes you to Navigation. Com website that has Australia and new Zealand but strangely no updates.

Last edited:

ihmix

Ready to race!

SB_NZ

Passed Driver's Ed
I hope this spreads to us guys, at the moment it is 3 years or limited to three updates but as yet there is still no official site live in order to run the updates therefore I am unable to update my nav pro.

Not bad considering the Mk7 was launched in NZ over 18 months ago.

Lets hope so.

I received V2 of the maps for NZ in May along with Australia, South Africa Malaysia etc...rest of the world region on the Dvd case the sd card came in .
According to the purchasing dealer the update process is that vw in nz will sell me a new sd card with the next version but did not know the price or timescale.

Does anybody know the current version ?

Surely VW NZ can put some info on the web site, and hopefully like vw in europe to download updates like all satnavs you see in the shops with lifetime maps.

Nyanga

Ready to race!
5 years of updates now instead of three and it includes existing owners.

Mcmaddy,

Please provide me with the site address where it says 5 years updates.

Thanks.

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
Lets hope so.

I received V2 of the maps for NZ in May along with Australia, South Africa Malaysia etc...rest of the world region on the Dvd case the sd card came in .
According to the purchasing dealer the update process is that vw in nz will sell me a new sd card with the next version but did not know the price or timescale.

Does anybody know the current version ?

Surely VW NZ can put some info on the web site, and hopefully like vw in europe to download updates like all satnavs you see in the shops with lifetime maps.

The latest version for the discover nav for our region is V3, It is a fairly new release & I have a contact in Australia who got it about 4 weeks ago.

The SD card version of the maps is only for the discover nav system which my previous GTI had, when I inquired about the cost of the maps on SD from the dealership I was quoted between $1000 and $1200NZ which is ridiculous, my contact in Aussie can do it for about $500 (which is still too high)

I have the nav pro system which does not get updates on SD card, I have to use the navigation.com website which of course still has no service for this region. The same site should also have a facility for the discover nav system.

The Mk7 Golf was launched in NZ in March 2013, that fact that Navigation.com still has no service for this region is a joke. Technically I have been mislead in the purchase of my Golf with Nav Pro option as the map update part of the package has not been provided.

When I find the time I am going to start emailing the shit out of VWNZ, Wolfsberg and Navigiation.com and demand that they start providing the service which I have effectively paid into and try to get answers for why we have been neglected and not receiving the same level of service as Europe.

To be honest I would normally no longer do business with such a lousy company, VW have ignored much of this region and the sole importer for VW in NZ - EMD (part of Giltrap Group - talk about conflict of interest and running a monoploy) have been enjoying their monopolising of the NZ market by price fixing the lineup of cars 10-20% higher than Aussie and 100-200% markup of European prices on VAG group parts - we are effectively being ripped off by a private company on behalf of VW.

Nyanga

Ready to race!

GolfPilot

Ready to race!