GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My wife drove my GTI and this happened...

delaynomore1

So here's what happened. My wife and I have our own cars (I drive the MK7 GTI DSG and she drives a MINI Cooper), but we trade cars whenever her car needs gas (coz I work close to a Costco gas station and filling up there saves us some bucks each tank). Yesterday was one of the days that we traded cars, so I drove her car to fill gas. After a long day at work, I came home to see my GTI all messed up :confused:. She told me that I parked too close to the pole and that she didn't see it when turning out from the parking spot...

PS. I only got DSG because she doesn't know how to operate a manual car (seems like she doesn't know how to operate an automatic either).

Anyways, does anyone know how much it would roughly cost to repair these damages? There are scratches and dents across the rear passenger door, rear fender, and a little on the rear bumper.

Attachments

• rsz_2015-12-02_221218.jpg
    rsz_2015-12-02_221218.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,841
  • rsz_2015-12-02_220859.jpg
    rsz_2015-12-02_220859.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,833
  • rsz_2015-12-02_221108.jpg
    rsz_2015-12-02_221108.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,837
  • rsz_2015-12-02_220834.jpg
    rsz_2015-12-02_220834.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,826
  • rsz_2015-12-02_221247.jpg
    rsz_2015-12-02_221247.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,823
  • rsz_2015-12-02_221257.jpg
    rsz_2015-12-02_221257.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 1,831
Last edited:

GTIBEN

Ready to race!
I don't let anyone drive my cars. Especially my wife lol.
I love manual but I also got it so she couldn't drive it

slik

Ready to race!
Never worried about yours and mine. Our cars are driven by who ever has the need for the size or desire of what they want that day: current vehicles gti autobahn, Porsche 987, Lexus rx, jeep wrangler. If something happens we fix it. (married 37 years)

BigDan

Go Kart Newbie
Never worried about yours and mine. Our cars are driven by who ever has the need for the size or desire of what they want that day: current vehicles gti autobahn, Porsche 987, Lexus rx, jeep wrangler. If something happens we fix it. (married 37 years)

I've have been married 24 years and I own an airplane, Class A RV,(well used to)07 Maxima and 1966 Impala convertible. If something happens I'll fix it also but she still will not get the keys. I take pride of ownership with my things. I just sold my 1995 Impala SS that I had since new.(thats 20 Years) Over 365,000 miles on it and it still looked good. I was away and she and her dad took it to Chicago to see family and when they brought that car back they had the metal filings from the disc brakes or the lack there of all in the rims. She knows how I am so when I get a new car she doesn't even ask for the spare. She wants the New GLA 250 from Mercedes. If she gets it I won't ask for her spare. Can't wait to see that car after a year. I love her but she is a Hot Mess when it comes to cars.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Baaaaad wifey bad wifey '!!!!!!, I take it that you are not going to use your insurance, I hope that you can get a decent quote. Good luck

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
See...I've been down this road before too. It SOUNDS like a good idea to trade cars/switch it up, but it really isn't because of situations like this.

If something happens to the car, my wife ALWAYS says "it wasn't my fault." :rolleyes:
And so I only let her drive my car if it's an emergency....which is like never.

But that really sucks, sorry to hear man

ballhai

I know what you mean. Not my wife, but a coworker, he lives in a condo too. Used to drive a Corolla and exiting the underground parking, on the turn to exit the garage he turned too much and it scraped the entire right side of his car.

That along with the smell in his car and broken bumper and just dents everywhere, so I wasn't surprised at how poorly he treated his car. One day they car just started smoking, so he went and bought another Corolla. Hope that one will last longer.

wave

Ready to race!
That along with the smell in his car and broken bumper and just dents everywhere, so I wasn't surprised at how poorly he treated his car. One day they car just started smoking, so he went and bought another Corolla. Hope that one will last longer.

This made my day. :D