GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Modified Stock Air Box

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
There is no MAF on the gen 3 TSI engine in North America, not sure for ROW cars.

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Yes, last platform I spend a lot of time on with was the Mazda DISI turbocharged MZR with MAF. It is always humbling to switch to another platform and have to relearn the parts that don't translate. Competition and ingenuity is alive and well in the automotive industry and the Germans are getting pretty good at building these little DI turbo systems.

dream3r

Passed Driver's Ed
USA must be different or I can only assume or Audi/VW have made a different calibration choice.

Wideband with maf makes perfect sense.

I'll give up for today lol cheers mate.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Personally I don't think the oem air box is restrictive at all, the oem paper filter and the stupid grate/air silencer are the only restriction, I find it all to telling that no aftermarket intake company show any Dyno graphs or airflow charts showing their product vs an oem air box WITH the grate removed and a high flow filter, personally I believe they're only noisemakers mainly working on the placebo effect, but obviously big profits for the companies, which explains why u don't see it compared to that setup

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
Personally I don't think the oem air box is restrictive at all, the oem paper filter and the stupid grate/air silencer are the only restriction, I find it all to telling that no aftermarket intake company show any Dyno graphs or airflow charts showing their product vs an oem air box WITH the grate removed and a high flow filter, personally I believe they're only noisemakers mainly working on the placebo effect, but obviously big profits for the companies, which explains why u don't see it compared to that setup

I have yet to see any real data come from a neutral third party. I don't believe dyno graphs from any company trying to sell stuff.

Is anyone actually going to dyno a modified stock airbox with a drop-in intake and compare it to an expensive carbon fiber intake?

LG3MK7

Ready to race!
I feel the same way. I put inlet pipe, inlet tube and k&n drop in and remove grate. End of that story, I don't need carbon fiber. Less than 300 dollars. I considered 034 p34 but couldn't justify the price.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Pipe and tube worth it?

Angel Mafia

Passed Driver's Ed
I feel the same way. I put inlet pipe, inlet tube and k&n drop in and remove grate. End of that story, I don't need carbon fiber. Less than 300 dollars. I considered 034 p34 but couldn't justify the price.

I have been thinking about this. Do you like it?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion

That's what I did too, except used a vwr inlet elbo and tube and drop in, while also pitching that grate have their catch can setup too, but I digress, I did modify the air box grill with a Dremel, I just think there are better places to spend $$$ first, dp, intercooler, suspension for stage 2 and under cars, which is basically all of them, just my opinion though, nice to see I'm not the only one