GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mustang reveal tomorrow

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Definitely. Plus, you can get 5.0's for low 20's now. Just get one with Brembo brakes (retunes the steering a tad too). Honestly, the live axle in the current one is just fine, and the car is truly nearing e90 M3 levels. The new will be an improvement, but I can't imagine it'll be worth the cost over a used old one.

You'll hate how shitty the interior is and how boaty it feels, and be back in a GTI within a year.

A good friend had one, an '11 GT. He has a Raptor now. Anyway, I thought the interior was totally fine, I don't stroke my dash that much. He had some mods too and that thing was fast as fuck. It was 460ish whp I think, not sure what he had, full bolt-ons, cams?

The boaty feel is what concerns me about it. The sound, power, looks all appeal to me. I'm sure it's fun on a track too.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I should probably get the current one used because I'd say there's a 50% chance I'll hate having a big heavy car with no usable space and get rid of it in a year plac style. Used is definitely better for this.

Plac Syndrome.... careful there Griff...

Depends on how good the new one is. You could always wait a year after initial release and there would be used 15s. IF you can wait....

Definitely. Plus, you can get 5.0's for low 20's now. Just get one with Brembo brakes (retunes the steering a tad too). Honestly, the live axle in the current one is just fine, and the car is truly nearing e90 M3 levels. The new will be an improvement, but I can't imagine it'll be worth the cost over a used old one.

You'll hate how shitty the interior is and how boaty it feels, and be back in a GTI within a year.

Interior is not shitty. Something that handles like an M3 and goes around a track at least as fast as one can't really be "boaty".

I have a boaty car... Mustang GT is not a boat. A fucking 4200 lb Charger is. :lol::lol:

Spyder368

Ready to race!

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
A good friend had one, an '11 GT. He has a Raptor now. Anyway, I thought the interior was totally fine, I don't stroke my dash that much. He had some mods too and that thing was fast as fuck. It was 460ish whp I think, not sure what he had, full bolt-ons, cams?

The boaty feel is what concerns me about it. The sound, power, looks all appeal to me. I'm sure it's fun on a track too.

Probably bolt-ons. I don't believe it takes much to wake them up. With DOHC, that's a shitload of money to do cams.

They're a major riot on the track, in a "holy fuck, how is this boat doing this" kind of way. They do get boaty day-to-day. I was inches away from buying one after I had a press car for a month. Then I remembered I hated Ford and bought a Turbo Yaris instead. No regrets.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I really like the ass now.... BONERIZED.

Get this.... it comes with STOCK LEDs!!!! no need to drop a grand on OEM replacements!!!

Spyder368

Ready to race!

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Yay! More Ford bashing. What this thread deserves. :thumbsup:

Was on vacation with a Ford Edge rental, the taillamp magically fell out of the housing when I closed the lift gate... Hanging by the wires.. Same goes for the light on the ceiling in the back. I know it was a rental car and it probably experienced some serious hooning in a parking lot, but it wasn't exactly living up to the standards of Mr. Ferdinand Piëch, who wanted the Phaeton to keep at exactly 71F in 120F weather, while the car was traveling at 186mph. You can easily tell the difference between European and American build quality. Thanks to TopGear for the fact haha!

Not switching off-topic here, back to topic. I'd like to see if the '15 Mustang is any more refined. Power isn't an issue here. Modern American muscle cars are loaded with power and torque. Harnessing that to make a car that drives great, and is built well is different. Please Ford, get rid of that MyFordTouch, and stop putting touch-capacitive buttons everywhere.

I love German cars. They're built well and they are designed well. My opinion of course, but they are quite refined.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Probably bolt-ons. I don't believe it takes much to wake them up. With DOHC, that's a shitload of money to do cams.

They're a major riot on the track, in a "holy fuck, how is this boat doing this" kind of way. They do get boaty day-to-day. I was inches away from buying one after I had a press car for a month. Then I remembered I hated Ford and bought a Turbo Yaris instead. No regrets.

I'll have to ask him, pretty sure he had aftermarket cams. The dude is rich as fuck, like I said he has a Raptor now and has never taken it off road. It is also pretty damn sweet. I like Fords.

I really like the ass now.... BONERIZED.

Get this.... it comes with STOCK LEDs!!!! no need to drop a grand on OEM replacements!!!

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Wow, and the newest mustang comes with available all wheel drive! Thats crazy, i cant wait to see the specifications on this...might have to trade in for awd 5.0!

Say what?????? AWD?????

:drool::drool::drool::drool: