GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mud Flaps/Splash Guards - Yes or No

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
All this for yes or no to mudflaps????............................

They are a function piece of equipment first & foremost..........if you live where the roads have gravel, stones, grit, snow etc then they will help stop most of this stuff being flung up the sides of your nice shiney car!.............

Simples........

Moschris

Ready to race!
I like mine.

What a beauty

Essjay

Ready to race!
Another vote for mud flaps
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419680337.314289.jpg

Essjay

Ready to race!
All you guys that have the mud flaps, do you keep them only for the winter season or you keep them on all the time?

I see no reason to remove them at all. They're a permanent fixture now.

pjr

Ready to race!
All you guys that have the mud flaps, do you keep them only for the winter season or you keep them on all the time?

Will be leaving them on all the time.

MikeNickles

Ready to race!

Will keep them on permanently. But they only take about 10 minutes or less to remove so when I want to change the look up a bit, it wont be hard to remove these :)

golferbob

Mudflaps? they're so 1980's! My dad had them on his Austin Maestro - £5 a pair from Halfords with a space to put the car brands sticker on the back for an extra £1, to make you feel like a rally driver! Looked great back then with pencil thin tyres - but now... NO!

jolebole

Ready to race!
Mudflaps? they're so 1980's! My dad had them on his Austin Maestro - £5 a pair from Halfords with a space to put the car brands sticker on the back for an extra £1, to make you feel like a rally driver! Looked great back then with pencil thin tyres - but now... NO!

I'm gonna borrow this pic from a vw board member. They definetly don't look 80s. They blend in very nice.

jolebole

Ready to race!
im gonna keep mine all the time, especially all the left over salt on road surfaces once winter is done, Virginia puts so much salt that theres STILL some left on my street today.
IL last year ran out of salt in the middle of the winter. They usually have a 20Mil salt budget. That's a lot of salt. Its cheaper to have heated highways. And our cars won't rust as fast.