GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MPI / e85 / is38

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Used those Denso plugs once never again.
The guy doing the work said he likes them and recommends them. He said usually the issue is running lean. I was jb4 for the first 10,000 miles on these and used e30 and lots of boost for at least half of those miles. So it is on me that I should have checked them after I flashed.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Well that escalated quickly! Good luck with the new engine.

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
that's some not great news, if you wouldn't mind letting me know what the rough cost was to procure and swap the 1.8, would love that. Have a feeling once I get the MPI and LPFP and am running full E I might be on borrowed time with the amount of mileage I have and drive regularly.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
that's some not great news, if you wouldn't mind letting me know what the rough cost was to procure and swap the 1.8, would love that. Have a feeling once I get the MPI and LPFP and am running full E I might be on borrowed time with the amount of mileage I have and drive regularly.

You should be okay as long as you're not running any crazy numbers. You'll be running less pressure than a IS20 car, you'll be running cooler cylinders with more E. It's really a win win. You'll have a problem if you increase the boost substantially and increase the timing. Heat and cylinder pressures are what's gonna kill the motor.