GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Movie: *Testing* Brake cooling on the GTI Facelift (same on the MK7)

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
Has tested a set of brake cooling from Stertman Motorsport. These are for most of MQB cars. Would try to make a test and see if this really works. (many racing cars and super sports cars have similar brake cooling)

And think it works.. :D

https://youtu.be/q-7-yNSOiIY

If you are interested of these contact jimmy@stertman.se

Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Wide,
Interesting results. Looks like it will be a nice addition to a tracked car and maybe a DD.
How secure once on? Will not rotate any?

Try to post the video with the original link. If you can keep together then easier to review all posts and comments. I think this subject now has two threads.
Thanks for sharing. The performance gauge look nice on center cluster. Wish they had in 2015.

Any links to Stertman website in English?
Are the parts made under Stertman name or by someone else. Wondering for searching on web.

Last edited:

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
Wide,
Interesting results. Looks like it will be a nice addition to a tracked car and maybe a DD.
How secure once on? Will not rotate any?

Try to post the video with the original link. If you can keep together then easier to review all posts and comments. I think this subject now has two threads.
Thanks for sharing. The performance gauge look nice on center cluster. Wish they had in 2015.

Any links to Stertman website in English?
Are the parts made under Stertman name or by someone else. Wondering for searching on web.

Thanks!, but i can´t change the title on the other thread.. Didn´t think that was no good..

Yes i am bit surprise to...;).

I was hard to get a good picture of the mounting, it has Clips that secure the Ducts. But i will look that they stay in place, it is very easy to see when you turn the wheel..

Stertman has only webbpage in Swedish unfortunately..

I don´t know were the part is from, it is a little secret...:D

The P gauge are fun ;)

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I see the "freebies" work....

If you keep volunteering to do "application test" on your car I recommend you fit the Audi jack pads & get a 3 tonne low profile trolley jack & ditch that small 2 tonne model...best thing I ever did ..I now have two big 3 tonne jacks...:D

LeGti

Ready to race!
Has tested a set of brake cooling from Stertman Motorsport.
(...)

Yaaayy, another cool...ing mod. Thanks for the info, test & video Wide!!

Couldn't figure out if the "zip-tie" attachments were integral to the duct or separate. Are they?

Thanks again,
Ben.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Wide,

Agree on the Audi jack points as mentioned.
I like them with my flat top jack stands.

You mission now is to help us find a way to order or I must learn a new language.
If you can not find the Audi pads I will work a swap for cooling ducts. Cost adjusted depending on what cooling ducts cost.

PS. How many times have you removed your wheels since buying the car?
My seasonal wheel swaps would go faster if I did not take time to clean out wheel openings.

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
I see the "freebies" work....

If you keep volunteering to do "application test" on your car I recommend you fit the Audi jack pads & get a 3 tonne low profile trolley jack & ditch that small 2 tonne model...best thing I ever did ..I now have two big 3 tonne jacks...:D

Thanks!, yes i seems to work.. ;)

I know, the Jack on this video was not the best . I was i a hurry otherwise a had used a proper hoist :).

But it is nice to see that yoy could mount them so easy ;)

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
Yaaayy, another cool...ing mod. Thanks for the info, test & video Wide!!

Couldn't figure out if the "zip-tie" attachments were integral to the duct or separate. Are they?

Thanks again,
Ben.

Thanks!, i did my best under the conditions... It always dark and cold this time a year in Sweden..:mad:

No the Zip tie is not integrated!, you can replace with new Zip tie if you want to replace it!
And the Duct has "clips" that hold it on place on the wishbone aswell!. It was har to see in the Video... :(

But it´s fun it work! :D

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
Wide,

You mission now is to help us find a way to order or I must learn a new language.
If you can not find the Audi pads I will work a swap for cooling ducts. Cost adjusted depending on what cooling ducts cost.

My seasonal wheel swaps would go faster if I did not take time to clean out wheel openings.

Thanks!, yes my Jacks is not good...:(

LoL i will check with Stertman if the ship to the US, and if the have a plan to have ha english site.. ;)

:D:D About 20 times a have removed the wheels.... no but many times due to bad luck ..;)

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
Wide,

You can order these buy contact jimmy@stertman.se, they can send these all over the world :D

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
Thanks!
Will get in touch.

Edit. Email sent. I also asked if they are interested in forum group buy and a group buy price.

Smart!!, that would be nice! :D

Think this is a awsome kit:D

If anyone doubts about Stertman knowledge, they have just built their new Demo car. :D

A Mk7 CS that seems to be the world's fastest 100-200km/ CS , 6,79sek!! :whistle:

https://www.facebook.com/stertmanmotorsport/posts/1633481376715635

and they are responsible for tuning most of Jon Olsson's cars .. ;)

Last edited:

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Here's another possible source for brake cooling solutions in the states. He ships all over the world. Owner is a personal friend, can do fast prototyping & he has access to my 2017 GTI Sport anytime.
http://rooducts.com/

wide

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk8 R and Mk7.5 GTI
Here's another possible source for brake cooling solutions in the states. He ships all over the world. Owner is a personal friend, can do fast prototyping & he has access to my 2017 GTI Sport anytime.
http://rooducts.com/

Nice :), but it is not a little bit scary to mount one in aluminium?. If you hit something you could harm the lower control arm?. Or i am wrong?!..:confused:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
That's like what Porsche do...but in plastic or carbon fibre...