GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Motul '8100 x-cess' or 'Specific 505 01 502 00'?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
another vote for the 2 x 5L jugs...they have hash marks on them so easy to measure out the extra qt.

I have a nice 1000ml measuring cup that will get that .7L...just need to make sure the wife doesn’t notice it missing from the kitchen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
just don't use her plastic one...the stink does NOT wash out.

my lesson was the plastic turkey baster and brake fluid. :(

roundle1979

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE 6MT
Brining this one back from the dead.

My 2018 GTI now has 25K miles. I've been changing with X-Cess 8100 (Gen 1) but have run out of stock. I need to order some more oil.

What's the verdict, X-Cess 8100 Gen 2 the latest winner?

cbenjes

Go Kart Newbie
I used X-Cess for a long while on my Mk6 and Mk7 GTIs, but recent oil analyses on the Mk7 reported a shearing down to 5W30 after only 5000 miles and I was burning about 3/4 of a quart between oil changes. Since then I have switched to LiquiMoly Leichtlauf with better results. Everyone has their own favorite, this is mine for now, so let's not start initiate another oil war. Just my 2 cents.

roundle1979

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE 6MT
I used X-Cess for a long while on my Mk6 and Mk7 GTIs, but recent oil analyses on the Mk7 reported a shearing down to 5W30 after only 5000 miles and I was burning about 3/4 of a quart between oil changes. Since then I have switched to LiquiMoly Leichtlauf with better results. Everyone has their own favorite, this is mine for now, so let's not start initiate another oil war. Just my 2 cents.

Good stuff. Do you have used oil analysis?

Indeed, not looking for a battle -- just insights based on experience.

cbenjes

Go Kart Newbie
Here's the next one at 32K miles with X-cess. Still looking for the LiquiMoly analysis... It's on one of my computers.

Attachments

• blackstone at 32k miles.pdf
    364.1 KB · Views: 63

tigeo

Autocross Champion
5W40s dropping viscosity to the 30w range is pretty normal for tuned EA888 Gen 3 engines and will happen to all the common oils folks use here. My 1.8 IS38 wagon does it each time with every oil I've tried (Liquimoly, M1, etc.). Will post data later today.

Mr. Conundrum

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
In any event, ended up buying more X-Cess 8100 (Gen 2).
I've been using the X-cess Gen 2 the last 3 changes, and I've been very happy with it. My engine feels smoother, I have basically no oil consumption, whereas I did with the OEM Castrol, and my oil temps seem to stay lower for longer when ran hard. No oil analysis to offer, though.

roundle1979

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE 6MT
Now at 34K miles. Still running the 8100 X-CESS (Gen2).

I average about 5K miles between changes.

May do a UOA at the end of the current cycle (so maybe I'll post again in July '23).