GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most annoying thing about your GTI

DucatiSSsp

Passed Driver's Ed

Fully extend the arm rest then lift up the plastic cover starting from the bottom (where its circled), it comes off very easy. The plastic piece I removed is in the center and slides forwards and backwards. It comes out easy.

Thank You for finding the cause of this buzzing rattle! Took it out last night and had a quiet drive in to work and back home. May need to invest in a girlfriend to drive me around should another rattle come up! :p
Think I will smear a little dielectric grease on the track and put it back in to keep it from vibrating.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
No ones saying they would rather have a digital gauge. Its that the analog gauge is poorly designed and hard to read. I've never given it a second thought in any other car I've had until this one. I would rather the analog gauge be legible so I could use the center display for something else.

I use the digital speedo 99.999% of the time anyways. Nice big numbers front and center.

Striker23

Go Kart Newbie
From what I read on this forum and vortex you're probably gonna need one pretty soon. But I'm no expert.

For me when i get a tune I'm probably wanna drive the sh*t out of it. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I agree with you lol. I get on it at the right times but baby it more than I’d like.

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
Snow/ice buildup on the side of the windshield. Nowhere for it to go so wipers eventually start smacking it and making noise. Bad design imo. Same w the older gen.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Coastal FL has terrible driving roads. Bought my Mk6 GTI and used it in South FL for 9 months. Moved back home to TN. The first time I took it down a curvy back road blew my mind.

Spent some time in TN for work - some great roads, I'm jealous! Best I can do round here is head about an hour into the state to play on a few deserted mine roads that actually have some bends.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Spent some time in TN for work - some great roads, I'm jealous! Best I can do round here is head about an hour into the state to play on a few deserted mine roads that actually have some bends.

Yas. I've heard there's some nice roads out Okeechobee way, too.

robmarktoo

Ready to race!
Am I really seeing all this bitching about an analog speedometer??

I cannot even fathom owning a car with only digital gauges, nothing more artificial to me during a driving experience, that and it would make me feel like i was driving a prius. Personally I feel the GTI's gauges over the last 3 marks are the best looking/performing of most if not many cars I've seen and driven. They just fit with the vehicle so well, the color schemes, the placement.

Same I find it one of the most easily readable speedo's ever. And then there are people that have a shit fit over a volume button that has an icon that turns (so you can tell you actually turned it)

ineedboostedmk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Most annoying thing for me is the low thumping type sound that comes from the passenger front side/wheel. Only happens when my car is out in the rain, and when my car is parked in a garage when it rains(moisture levels are high).

It only happens when i start the initial roll/1st to 2nd to a stop - after being parked. the sound makes me imagine air/moisture trapped between the brake pads, causing it to create the thumping like sound when moisture levels are high or rain.

After driving for 2-4 minutes, the sound goes away. Going to try to get some sound clips this weekend, when it rains.

sectachrome

Passed Driver's Ed
Most annoying thing for me is the low thumping type sound that comes from the passenger front side/wheel. Only happens when my car is out in the rain, and when my car is parked in a garage when it rains(moisture levels are high).

It only happens when i start the initial roll/1st to 2nd to a stop - after being parked. the sound makes me imagine air/moisture trapped between the brake pads, causing it to create the thumping like sound when moisture levels are high or rain.

After driving for 2-4 minutes, the sound goes away. Going to try to get some sound clips this weekend, when it rains.

Could be a little rust on the rotors that gets removed after you brake a couple times?

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Same I find it one of the most easily readable speedo's ever. And then there are people that have a shit fit over a volume button that has an icon that turns (so you can tell you actually turned it)

I agree.

The fact that I barely even remembered the layout of the numbers when this conversation started shows how it just slotted into my mind naturally.

thez99

Go Kart Champion
I use the digital speedo 99.999% of the time anyways. Nice big numbers front and center.

See..that just makes me think you're 85 years old and drive 20 miles under the speed limit though

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Most annoying thing about my GTI....is it makes me frustrated (in the area I live) :)

The car is so damn capable of handling twisty roads, I'm constantly frustrated here in the suburban Tampa area as I have to go very far out of my way into the middle of the state to find some bends and quiet backroads which present a worthy challenge. I grew up in rural England riding motorcycles and driving hot hatches on the many low-traffic/low-population/low-cop twisties right on my doorstep....now realise how spoiled I was.

Other than that, asides from the usual door seal creaks which seem to come and go, I still love the car a year into ownership with no real issues.

although I do have great roads next to my house I understand...my similar complaint (and it reared it's ugly head yesterday 2x) is getting used to GTI then driving my Tacoma into a corner too fast.....:eek:

Burner1

Ready to race!
Most annoying thing about my GTI....is it makes me frustrated (in the area I live) :) The car is so damn capable of handling twisty roads, I'm constantly frustrated here in the suburban Tampa area as I have to go very far out of my way into the middle of the state to find some bends and quiet backroads which present a worthy challenge. I grew up in rural England riding motorcycles and driving hot hatches on the many low-traffic/low-population/low-cop twisties right on my doorstep....now realise how spoiled I was”

Been there done that when I lived in central Florida . The whole state is dense with population and quiet relief is a long ways away. Unfortunately the states pop will only continue to increase at a rate that’s gonna be hard to tolerate.
At least it’s warm, still 15” snow on ground here in MN.

Last edited: