GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mods you're wasting money on...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Not trying to, just making a joke. I’m sure they all have Sub-Zero refrigerators and plenty of ice cream on both sides.

Maybe they can all run out and buy Carrier air conditioners. :rolleyes:

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
“Made in the USA.....(fine print)with Globally sources parts.”

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
My wife’s Kia Sorento was assembled in Georgia, USA. So I guess there’s good and bad versions of that.

The bad was it was a total shit box lol, I turned it in ASAP when her last lease payment was made.
Buy American- get a Toyota. 😂

Toyota is probably the biggest private employer in Kentucky. I have several friends that work there, and their car quality is second to none. With globalization, I have no faith in the concept of "American" brands. If you make a quality product, employ locals, and help out the local economy, I'm probably buying your stuff.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion

Toyota is probably the biggest private employer in Kentucky. I have several friends that work there, and their car quality is second to none. With globalization, I have no faith in the concept of "American" brands. If you make a quality product, employ locals, and help out the local economy, I'm probably buying your stuff.
Subaru... While other manufacturers are shutting down plants or reducing size, subaru builds new ones in small towns. I don't recall the town, but they had a pr stunt about how much corn can fit into an impreza. Their employees seem to be pretty happy overall, and that's a good sign.
Merc and Honda both have plants in Alabama, and there's a factory that produces just car seats for Honda in my parents' town. The people who work there are happy from the few I've talked to, but the whole parking lot is littered with Ford and Chevy pickup trucks, because Merica.

What's really interesting is that most of the chicken processing plants in Alabama employ large numbers of illegal immigrants from Mexico and now Cuba. They get 18$/hr (sometimes more) and they can't seem to hire enough people. No Americans want those jobs because of having to stand in water and deal with the smell. Keep in mind these immigrants all pay taxes on fake social security numbers on which they'll never see a return for. If we didn't have those plants and those people we'd be paying 15$/lb for chicken... Cuckoo

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
If you want to talk about mark ups, look at the movie popcorn markups. They haven't sold 1 kernel In months and have lost a whopping $18! Lmao!🤣🤣😉😉

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Don't turn this partisan. If you can't see that the wealthy in both parties that run these companies lobbied for these policies so they could outsource and make more money for themselves and their rich friends, then you have issues. About of 1/3 of the DNC and 70% of the GOP are bought and paid for by corporate interests and are selling out Americans daily for profit, that included the sitting and last 5 POTUS's.

1/3 vs 2/3? Now who's making it partisan?
Pelosi's fridge(s) were in the news lately, so the original comment wasn't overtly political.

ps: they are all bought and paid for.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

And yet you drive a GTI. 😂

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
In reality, the profits are distributed internationally in 2020 and don't stay in any one country, so buy what you want.

No such thing as an American company, until they want a bailout, otherwise, the profits are sheltered from taxes in tax havens and make it into the hands of the worlds 1% all over the world.

Ironically, buying a car due to nationalism is the most anti capitalist thing you can do. Don't be a commie, buy the best car for you.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
In reality, the profits are distributed internationally in 2020 and don't stay in any one country, so buy what you want.

No such thing as an American company, until they want a bailout, otherwise, the profits are sheltered from taxes in tax havens and make it into the hands of the worlds 1% all over the world.

Ironically, buying a car due to nationalism is the most anti capitalist thing you can do. Don't be a commie, buy the best car for you.

My mutual funds include those companies and I can promise you that I'm not in the 1%.

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
I technically am by the numbers, but I can tell you right now that life sucks unless you're in the 0.1% and it takes $2.5mil/yr to be there... In America the caste system is alive and well!!
I think your expectations on life not sucking are a little high if you think you have to make 2.5 mil a year for it not to:oops: