GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Any veteran VW enthusiast knows to ALWAYS avoid a VW with a sunroof if possible.
I've had a MK6 GTI with a sunroof for four years - no problems, and my MK7 GTI with a sunroof brought new in 2015 - no problems.
I'd consider myself a veteran VW owner due to those consecutive cars.
I wouldn't hesitate to get a sunroof on a future VW.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Well the GTI for 2022 is getting stuff the R already had, like the all digital display. If the R is forcing a sun roof and leather seats down our throats I do not think it is such a good deal!
Pretty strange decision to include a sunroof when you couldn't get an R with a sunroof at least for the 18 model R.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Well the GTI for 2022 is getting stuff the R already had, like the all digital display. If the R is forcing a sun roof and leather seats down our throats I do not think it is such a good deal!

The DSG R and S3 cost the same. I don't get the strategy for VAG. And the 2022 S3 is a looker. The 2022 R is, meh.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
VW probably isn't worried about strategy since the days are numbered for ICE cars.

They seen to have put significant effort into the R. They didn't have to do the new differential and they did.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
The DSG R and S3 cost the same. I don't get the strategy for VAG. And the 2022 S3 is a looker. The 2022 R is, meh.
Trunk. Cough, cough.

But my better half seems to have decided that’s what she wants which is really queering up my R plans. I don’t want two mechanically identical cars. I’m really hoping there’s truth to the RS3 hatch rumor, I’m fine if she has an extra cylinder.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Trunk. Cough, cough.

But my better half seems to have decided that’s what she wants which is really queering up my R plans. I don’t want two mechanically identical cars. I’m really hoping there’s truth to the RS3 hatch rumor, I’m fine if she has an extra cylinder.
Really doubt they'll bring the rs3 as a hatch

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I've had a MK6 GTI with a sunroof for four years - no problems, and my MK7 GTI with a sunroof brought new in 2015 - no problems.
I'd consider myself a veteran VW owner due to those consecutive cars.
I wouldn't hesitate to get a sunroof on a future VW.
Same. Couple of Mk7’s and a number of Audis with no issues. We had a B5 A4 for a decade, never had an issue with the sunroof.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual