GOLFMKV

Mk7 Tuning Guide (from Cobb)

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Good info, thank you?

sent using Pide Piper middle out compression app

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Nice Find! Hopefully this will help a lot of members understand how the ecu works a lot better. I only glanced briefly, but I'm sure it's definitely going to help out with the JB4 users as well

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I found the following interesting:

"There is currently a ~520 NM request limit in the Maximum Torque Automatic/Manual tables due to a ECU request cap that is currently being investigated."

"During development it was found that power levels in excess of ~390 Ft. lbs. could cause early clutch failure."

This is only about 380-390 foot pounds. It backs up what APR states about heir seeing DSG clutch slippage approaching 360-370 foot pounds. And everyone knows the limits of manual clutches. Does a TCU tune remove this limit? If so I suppose you better be thinking of a heavy-duty clutch pack for your DSG.

"The stock turbocharger can produce boost levels in excess of ~29 psi. This boost level can generate enough cylinder pressure to cause engine damage."

What I didn't notice was a statement for how much power (fuel-wise) the stock injectors/fuel pump can comfortably support.

While they mention a dirty air filter will limit power at moderate to high RPM levels, they didn't mention how much power a clean, stock filter in the factory air intake can support.