GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 rear ended. Is it totaled?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Dude, if you're not doing any kind of part out or something, I'd pay $ for ya to cut me out a section of your hood, right next to the notch so i can get a piece to use as filler for the notch, like a 6inch square or so lol :) lmk

Bro, the body isn't even cold.:p

Gator's post is what makes me think they won't want to total it. The insurance company will pay 10 grand to save 2.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
To me that looks totaled because of the high probability of frame damage. But we need to wait for the car to be in a shop to really be sure.
But sorry OP, it sucks that you git hit like that, are you ok?

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Know what, reckon it could be totalled. Depends on subframe, etc but look at the creases both sides on 'C' pillar lower down in front around filler cap, whole back end pushed forward, well duh, but you now what I mean. Hope peeps inside were ok....

Mr Juicebox

Ready to race!
I got off the phone with the insurance guy, and it's totaled. Body shop said with all the rear frame damage and tweaking to the surrounding area, it would cost around $17,000 to repair.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I got off the phone with the insurance guy, and it's totaled. Body shop said with all the rear frame damage and tweaking to the surrounding area, it would cost around $17,000 to repair.

Congrats? I hope you can replace it with one just as good. Lawyer?

cb1111

Congrats? I hope you can replace it with one just as good. Lawyer?
Correct. You should get a lawyer to make sure all of your medical issues are resolved.

Also, make sure that you get full retail for your car and rental car coverage until you replace it.