Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
Hey everyone,

I bought my DSG car with 83k on it and looking at the CarFax I can't/don't see any mention of trans fluid at 80k. Is this something a total noob can do at home, better on a lift, or just pay whatever employee rate at VW is to have someone else do it? I don't mind learning just want to do this relatively soon as I'm approaching 90k within a month or so and if it wasn't done at 80k its overdue.

I watched a video but that guy was in a shop. Draining and refilling looks easy enough just want make sure this is something I could potentially do in the garage before I get started. Thanks in advance!

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Hey everyone,

I bought my DSG car with 83k on it and looking at the CarFax I can't/don't see any mention of trans fluid at 80k. Is this something a total noob can do at home, better on a lift, or just pay whatever employee rate at VW is to have someone else do it? I don't mind learning just want to do this relatively soon as I'm approaching 90k within a month or so and if it wasn't done at 80k its overdue.

I watched a video but that guy was in a shop. Draining and refilling looks easy enough just want make sure this is something I could potentially do in the garage before I get started. Thanks in advance!
the special parts of the job are making sure the car is level and having a way of reading the trans temp.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I have OBDeleven and I'm sure I can get it level on jackstands, just don't want what sounds like a 2 hour job turning into an all day thing if I mess something up due to lack of experience lol
iirc it's a little harder getting to the filter on the dq381, but i haven't been up in a FWD 7-speed so maybe not. the humblemechanic video has a good section on what tools to have on hand. he also shows why the dq381 filter is a pain, but it's on an R.

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
iirc it's a little harder getting to the filter on the dq381, but i haven't been up in a FWD 7-speed so maybe not. the humblemechanic video has a good section on what tools to have on hand. he also shows why the dq381 filter is a pain, but it's on an R.

I'll watch this when I get to lunch today, if it looks easy enough I'll probably get the kit from FCP or Uro and have my friend come over to help me out. Thanks for the link!

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
Has anyone ever seen or used this kit? I have BSM but this kit only says driver side BSM. Would it be as easy as swapping the passenger mirror over or is it an electrical thing? Would love to have mirror dip and folding mirrors and this kit seems pretty plug and play. Might shoot them an email and see if the passenger BSM is there and listing is incorrect

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Is there Neuspeed gun metal touch up paint?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI