GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Problem Solved.

Faaaaaaaakk!!!! It's my dumb ass fault. once I switched to my MPI map, i decided to finally plug in the sensor that's next to the oil filter. In order to get to the sensor I had removed the oil filter, but I opened the oil cap first and open the dip stick to let the oil run off the filter faster.

After plugging the sensor in I put back oil filter and push down the dip stick. I go start the car up everything is solid. Doing some pulls everything is good no CEL. Until I put it in park, idles weird. On the drive home car is perfectly fine again no issues I decide to give a boost again, everything is solid.. I make it to the light, I switch from Park to Drive. It idles weird in Park only switch to drive it's perfect. I decided to do it again to make sure, suddenly check engine light comes on. And it's doing it in drive now. I figured great, now I can see what code is. It drives home perfectly fine, I park and pop the hood. My engine bay is FILLED WITH OIL! My oil cap is gone!! Faaaaaak! I must of not secured it before I drove off being to excited to test out my new Map and MPI! Now I got to power wash my damn Engine, tomorrow morning and try to get an oil cap at the stealership. 🤡
I laughed, but that sucks

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Getting ready to my first DIY DSG service. Can I start at the top and do the filter first, replace the battery then move to the bottom and change out the fluid or is there a specific order? I'm wondering if there needs to be any sort of vent (the open filter housing) when adding the fluid.

Thanks!

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I laughed, but that sucks
Lol, all good bro.
I had a checklist while I did everything and double checked everything. I was able to install my MPI and wire it no issues but I missed an oil cap! WTF 😐🔫💥💀. Got to laugh to keep from crying. 🤣😭

On the bright side my engine bay is a lot cleaner after the powerwash, and I think my new cap cooler then my old one. 🤔💩😑

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Getting ready to my first DIY DSG service. Can I start at the top and do the filter first, replace the battery then move to the bottom and change out the fluid or is there a specific order? I'm wondering if there needs to be any sort of vent (the open filter housing) when adding the fluid.

Thanks!
No need to have the filter open. If you are filling from the bottom, doing the service top down is the way to go.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI SE 6MT
I was exploring the infotainment menus/screens today and it said something about car status and "no entries available". What does that mean?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I was exploring the infotainment menus/screens today and it said something about car status and "no entries available". What does that mean?

If you were overdue for an oil change, it would say Service Due! If your ABS based TPMS was triggered recently, you’d have a check tire pressures warning. If you had damage to a sensor or bad electrical connection for ACC/DAP stuff, you’d get an ACC / cruise control disabled error.

If your car is 100% fine and none of the above (or any other similar issues) apply, you will get “No entries” under Vehicle Status.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Anyone know what this setting means or does? i know what XDS is
20A4D723-9F01-44E9-B57B-F8E150B7ADDB.png

There’s a separate setting for off/low/med/high

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Low, medium, high XDS intervention. High legitimately slows the inner wheel down in a way that impedes on the driving experience.
But it’s separate from the low/normal/high setting. Think it’s the same setting just presented differently? Or maybe an XDS calibration for different Golf models?

Last edited:

ilovemyeggcar

Car(s)
2018 gti
hello people, did some fat pulls today against a stinger(didn’t go as good as i hopped on my end) but after i cut the car off for 45 minutes and when i came back and started it up i got the general warning light that triangle with the exclamation mark, i was wondering if anyone knows what is it, when i start my car it says front assist not available but it had said that before and the warning light has not popped up from it. i scanned my ob11 but i’m not the most educated with it, it said some brake, sunroof, transmission, and front assist fault codes. Need help figuring this out. Ty in advance. That screenshot is the only fault code screenshot i got. 7A6F9005-B792-4244-978C-5E6FF948C691.png884E5FEE-B436-486B-AF78-D9FB542D1EF9.jpeg

Shams

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI SE
How can I turn off my fog light?

Attachments

• E4F95574-1FC4-45F4-8BAC-A82DF95B7B35.jpeg
    E4F95574-1FC4-45F4-8BAC-A82DF95B7B35.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 58

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)