GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Put some dry borax in and around the hole in the carpet. Then put some soda in your plate near the hole.

If you want to take it to the next step, use diazanon crystals.

The next time you see the queen, kill her. The workers will die, unless there's a second queen.

Dameon

Go Kart Champion
My passenger side helix headlight hid low beam stopped working (pre facelift). Figured it was the bulb and ordered replacement. Before they arrived it, it started working again intermittently. Assuming that’s the ballast? Anyone know what kit I need?

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
My car didn't come with a tow hook. I tried the hook from my father's Tiguan the other day and it did not fit either. I ordered a new one, part # 8K0805615a. I understand they are reverse threaded, however it does not fit the front or rear of my car. It does fit both my father's Tiguan and my gfs Taos without issue. I can see no damage to any of the threads on my car. The hook wont even catch half a thread. Has anyone had a similar issue?

ilovemyeggcar

Car(s)
2018 gti
okay got somthing for y’all, 2 questions. when i make a right turn i hear a rattle on my lower front left like around the end link like it’s loose but i grabbed it and it was tight, any other ideas what it could be before i take it in under warranty.

2nd, i’m completely stock accept a cts turbo intake and inlet pipe which is basically stock, but i was wondering if i could run a cts turbo front mount intercooler without a tune, is it safe? and would i see any gains on a stock tune if it is getting cooler air? ty in advance.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
okay got somthing for y’all, 2 questions. when i make a right turn i hear a rattle on my lower front left like around the end link like it’s loose but i grabbed it and it was tight, any other ideas what it could be before i take it in under warranty.

2nd, i’m completely stock accept a cts turbo intake and inlet pipe which is basically stock, but i was wondering if i could run a cts turbo front mount intercooler without a tune, is it safe? and would i see any gains on a stock tune if it is getting cooler air? ty in advance.
yes to the intercooler questions

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
So far haven't seen anymore small ants. I did happen to see another big ant last night. Hate seeing those. So far have seen 4 in since Thursday.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Cleaning the interior real good today. Came across this. Right under the passenger carpet. Driver’s side is dry and clean.
F8EB2916-09CF-4349-B74A-0E31F7EDBBBF.jpeg
A1BEED69-028C-40F5-9D81-FF033089B583.jpeg

Under this material is nasty asf
C89E96FB-37C5-44F3-9C54-DE70A97D85A9.jpeg

468496A2-482E-4D4A-8AFB-D41DA029C00B.jpeg

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Wiring my Precision Raceworks MPI and the Fuse opening they recommend is taken on my Engine Fuse Box. I called them about it, They seem to be just as confused. I looked online and it says Fuse 21 not used but it's definitely used on mine, and some other ones as well. Does anyone have the fuse Box layout for MK7.5 GTI?

Or am I able to use any empty slot in the Fuse Box to run my MPI wire?
IMG_20221011_171934.jpg

Screenshot_20221011-172018.jpg

Screenshot_20221011-172234.jpg