GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Kinda a weird question..

Those who traded the OEM tires for tires with much better traction - did you find yourself squealing your tires more, less, or the same after upgrading?

There was a day and night after after swapping stock tires with better ones in the market.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I don't remember the OEM tires squealing at all, just spinning. But they only lasted me 6 months. Stage 1 with cheap (but decent) summer rubber would spin a bit but no squeals that I remember. Stage 2 with better summer rubber and I get occasional minor squealing in 1st and 2nd if I really get on it..but this is also with the spark based traction control. Also dsg has shorter gearing so that would prob make it easier to squeal than my 6mt

If the tires don't squeal they aren't close to getting traction or you are overpowering them completely. A good tire with good traction will squeal unless of course if you are completely overpowering them. Not the case for most of the guys mentioning this. In other words if they are just spinning and you don't have the power to overcome them completely they aren't very good tires.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Probably a long shot, but e-acca doesn't have any online sales, do they? I'm assuming they wouldn't do anything for Black Friday/Cyber Monday but thought I should ask because I'm planning on dropping some money on their site soon.

Gojiragojira

Passed Driver's Ed
There was a day and night after after swapping stock tires with better ones in the market.

Cool.

Can you do me a favor and let me (and the forum) know how it be when you get the new tires on your 19? Especially with tire slip under acceleration and the like?

Is it a DSG?

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Cool.

Can you do me a favor and let me (and the forum) know how it be when you get the new tires on your 19? Especially with tire slip under acceleration and the like?

Is it a DSG?

Well I went from the stock tires to A/S 3 Plus and although I can still squeal the tires the difference in traction is amazing. The stock tires couldn't even handle a rolling hard pull with no power mods. I'm not a fan of the A/S 3 Plus in other ways though, they are far too noisy on the highway for me.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Well I went from the stock tires to A/S 3 Plus and although I can still squeal the tires the difference in traction is amazing. The stock tires couldn't even handle a rolling hard pull with no power mods. I'm not a fan of the A/S 3 Plus in other ways though, they are far too noisy on the highway for me.

Is yours a DSG? Traction control on? I have an 18 SE FBO IS38 and the only time my tires squeal is when it shifts gears it chirps briefly.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Car radio/battery tender

are you sitting in car or working in garage? If working in garage why not just buy a radio?

not trying to be a hole

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Cool.

Is it a DSG?

Yeah both my 2016 and 2019 are DSGs. Stock tires on both vehicles would lose traction when the roads are even slightly wet. Conti EC tires eliminated 90% of that issue in my 2016 and i am expecting the same in my 2019 once i swap the tires next week.

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Any idea where does that oil mist on my turbo outlet hose come from ?

V-band clamp is super tight on TMD outlet. Checked it again yesterday.
Stock is20 turbo on my 2017 GTI.
I don’t experience any boost leaks so far, car still pulls strong on 26psi [emoji123]

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Probably a long shot, but e-acca doesn't have any online sales, do they? I'm assuming they wouldn't do anything for Black Friday/Cyber Monday but thought I should ask because I'm planning on dropping some money on their site soon.

Highly unlikely that the Latvians will offer Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Any idea where does that oil mist on my turbo outlet hose come from ?

V-band clamp is super tight on TMD outlet. Checked it again yesterday.
Stock is20 turbo on my 2017 GTI.
I don’t experience any boost leaks so far, car still pulls strong on 26psi

PCV hose probably sweating at TIP due to high boost. I wouldn't sweat it. (lol, get it...don't sweat it....because it is sweating onto the hose....I'll be here all week folks).