GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

cb1111

That's exactly correct. It was just put back up 2 days ago.
That means nothing. Some dealerships advertise cars they don't have to make their dealership inventory look bigger, to generate more traffic or all sorts of other stuff.

Now if they sold it again there may be some issues.

Cesco_93

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI S M/T
My oil filler cap always has a thin coating of oil on top and around it. Is there a larger issue or do I just need a new o-ring? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
My oil filler cap always has a thin coating of oil on top and around it. Is there a larger issue or do I just need a new o-ring? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Probably a new O ring since based on the age of your car. Ace Hardware has viton O rings that fit.

Cesco_93

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI S M/T
Probably a new O ring since based on the age of your car. Ace Hardware has viton O rings that fit.
Thanks for always having the answer and responding fast!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Kickhead70

Why do I keep loosing the calibration on my sunroof ?

I used VCDS to program the key-fob for window/sunroof-open/close. After doing it, I used VCDS to cycle and calibrate the sunroof open and close end points.

It worked fine for several months, but now I need to hold the sunroof button to get it to work, a single press no longer works. And, the key fob no longer works (related to the sunroof calibration)

I haven't disconnected the battery, or done anything unusual. I did have my first oil change at the dealer. It seems unlikely, but would they have done something to make it loose calibration (disconnect the batter or something?)

I can re-calibrate it easy enough, just curious what the issue might be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kickhead70

Why do I keep loosing the calibration on my sunroof ?

I used VCDS to program the key-fob for window/sunroof-open/close. After doing it, I used VCDS to cycle and calibrate the sunroof open and close end points.

It worked fine for several months, but now I need to hold the sunroof button to get it to work, a single press no longer works. And, the key fob no longer works (related to the sunroof calibration)

I haven't disconnected the battery, or done anything unusual. I did have my first oil change at the dealer. It seems unlikely, but would they have done something to make it loose calibration (disconnect the batter or something?)

I can re-calibrate it easy enough, just curious what the issue might be.

I’ve noticed that long button press for windows up/down won’t work if the regular switch auto up/down isn’t working. I think if the windows need to be cleaned and get a little sticky, the auto up/down needs to be reset by holding the door switch up for about 5sec after it hits the top. Then the key fob button press works again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

venigo

Passed Driver's Ed
Does someone know what adaption channel in VCDS is causing the driver door window not opening/closing when the doors are locked? When the doors are unlocked the driver window is opening / closing. Guess it has something to do with lock?

Edit:

Also another question. My boot/trunk does not unlock anymore @ keyfob. Some vcds settings are changed. What setting is linked to this, to unlock the boot with the middle button on the fob?

Last edited:

gulpozen

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI
Question: someone is selling a used JB1 which he says he upgraded to a JB4. Is this possible? Aren't they two completely different units? Can the JB1 module be upgraded to a JB4 via software update? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
Question: someone is selling a used JB1 which he says he upgraded to a JB4. Is this possible? Aren't they two completely different units? Can the JB1 module be upgraded to a JB4 via software update? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Maybe he meant to say he is selling his JB1 because he upgraded to a JB4?

2017 Reflex Silver GTI