GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

cracksilog

Passed Driver's Ed
You can but certain tires fit wider, so to speak.

Austins are 7.5” wide.

My MPS A/S+ in 225 are plenty wide on my 7.5 wide wheels. More “square” sidewalls than the stock tires were. I’m glad I didn’t go 235.

Damn you guys are quick lol. That’s why I love this forum.

So what happens if I do go wider? Will I hear more road noise or put stress on anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gojiragojira

Passed Driver's Ed
My 2019 GTI with DSG doesn't DSG fart. Not even when I manual mode upshift at high rpms.

Why not? What can I do to make it fart?

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
Damn you guys are quick lol. That’s why I love this forum.

So what happens if I do go wider? Will I hear more road noise or put stress on anything?

Mostly just preference on looks at that point. I doubt you'd tell any difference in the car. IMO wider is better in looks and these cars need all the traction they can get.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
My 2019 GTI with DSG doesn't DSG fart. Not even when I manual mode upshift at high rpms.

Plenty of chatter about this with the 7speed not shifting as aggressively as the 6speed predecessor.

DSG tune would probably do the trick.

nype

Drag Racing Champion

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Good questions. I’m deciding between the Federal 595s, Indy 500, Conti DWS06, or Falken FK510

If you get any rain, go with either dws06 (based on peer reviews) or Fk510 (personal experience)

cracksilog

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks! I’m in California so I don’t get too much rain but since it’s going to be November soon then rainy season is going to start.

Also something I didn’t think about: I’m lowered. Will that affect anything at all?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

RPM's are less influential on the farts than throttle. Do a full throttle shift right at redline under a bridge and you'll hear it. Stock exhaust really muffles it. I can't really hear it with the AWE Track catback unless I'm under a bridge or in a tunnel (or outside of the car)

Gojiragojira

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone have any info on when Cobb will have DSG tunes for the 2019s?

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
Has anyone installed the 034Motorsports upper and lower Dogbone inserts using ramps alone?

Does the car need to be level since I’m removing the Dogbone arm, or will ramps do just fine?

2017 Reflex Silver GTI