GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Are 4 door and 2 door sideskirts the same length? I've never actually lined up a 4 door and a 2 door to see if the wheelbases are different.

They should be the same. I found dimensions for the 5-door but haven’t looked for the 2-door yet.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Looking for Part # for License Plate LED lights on the MK 7.5 vehicles. Or any OEM license plate LED compatible with a 2017 GTI.

Just buy them from eBay / AliExpress. And if you get a version without resistors, be prepared to need to code out the “bulb out” warnings.

Brinker

Ready to race!
Does anyone know what the sensor, on the rearview mirror, on the side facing the windshield that’s measures light from the front of the vehicle is for?

cb1111

Does anyone know what the sensor, on the rearview mirror, on the side facing the windshield that’s measures light from the front of the vehicle is for?

The auto dimming mirror..?
and that mates up with the sensor on the mirror that reads headlights coming up on you.

So, if it is dark outside AND there are headlights behind you, then the mirror will dim.

Brinker

Ready to race!
and that mates up with the sensor on the mirror that reads headlights coming up on you.

So, if it is dark outside AND there are headlights behind you, then the mirror will dim.

so It reads the headlights coming towards me but what then?? I understand the sensor facing the rear will pick up the headlights behind me and auto dim the rearview mirror but still don’t see why the sensor facing the front windshield would auto dim the rearview mirror if it detects oncoming headlights

D

Deleted member 137012

What happens if I shit my 15 TSI into reverse when driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cb1111

so It reads the headlights coming towards me but what then?? I understand the sensor facing the rear will pick up the headlights behind me and auto dim the rearview mirror but still don’t see why the sensor facing the front windshield would auto dim the rearview mirror if it detects oncoming headlights
The front sensor does NOT read headlights, it reads ambient light to determine if it is dark out. The rear facing sensor can't differentiate between sunlight or headlights, so the front sensor has to tell the back sensor "it is dark outside, dim if you see bright light" or "the sun is out, don't bother dimming."

Brinker

Ready to race!
The front sensor does NOT read headlights, it reads ambient light to determine if it is dark out. The rear facing sensor can't differentiate between sunlight or headlights, so the front sensor has to tell the back sensor "it is dark outside, dim if you see bright light" or "the sun is out, don't bother dimming."

Gotcha, thanks

Sir_Mk7r

Ready to race!
maybe I am just not looking hard enough, but where can I buy a shift boot? I have the racesang shift knob and would really like to get another boot. I have looked at the bfi boots, but they say they only fit their knobs.

thanks for the help

any help on this one?