GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Why does A/C always come on when "Auto" is selected!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although AC typically is thought to be cold air. The term AC means Air Conditioning. Heating the air is also conditioning the air though not as commonly refereed to it that way.

So the air is being conditioned hot or cold when you put on auto. If it needs to change the temperature.

Bacchanalian

My tires skip in 2-3 when I'm hard on the throttle as well (2017 Sport 6MT) could be your stock tires (all seasons maybe) or your pendulum (dogbone) mount for your engine. From reading on the forums those seem to be two leading causes of tire "skipping". Pick up a BMS clutch stop kit (under $15 bucks) and it'll help a little with your shifts as far as getting into first at least and it takes a lot of the dead space out of the clutch so you can shift a bit quicker IMO. I've never shifted 1-5 before so I can't help there but unless you match the revs the engine/clutch will clunk trying to match up when you skip like that. I've found that trying to modulate what your feet do can help shifting smoothness i.e letting the clutch out slower, and going into the gas pedal to match the revs of the next gear helps a lot too. A lot of times a new pendulum (dogbone) mount can help make the gear changes more crisp as well.

Sorry, I meant that both 1st and 5th are clunky, not going 1-5. I can't even imagine doing that. I've downshifted 4th to 2nd or 5th to 3rd while slowing down quickly, but beyond that I can't imagine skipping more than one gear at a time.

This has happened both with the stock tires and my winters (Michelin X-Ice). I'm planning on looking at the Michelin Pilots I see recommended a lot around here come summer, so those should help, and I'll check out the dogbone idea and clutch stop. 1st is the hardest one of them, I feel like I'm jamming it in there and it often takes me a few tries to make sure it's in the right place. Drives me up the wall. As far as the actual shifting, I'm having less and less issues with that, and getting that perfect will just be a matter of more practice with the gas/clutch. I mostly only have issues jerking around when I'm not paying attention or am in a rush.

Bacchanalian take a look at this link:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21157

The "notchy" feeling is something very common, but there's cheap solutions, start with that thread and keep looking. Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Phone number color definitions:
Purple = Phone number is not in BETTI
Red = Phone number is in BETTI on an existing SP or Consumer
Green = Phone number is a metered number owned by HomeAdvisor
HA Hunter

Jonboi_31

Passed Driver's Ed
Although AC typically is thought to be cold air. The term AC means Air Conditioning. Heating the air is also conditioning the air though not as commonly refereed to it that way.

So the air is being conditioned hot or cold when you put on auto. If it needs to change the temperature.

Cheers [emoji1305]

rrohde1

Passed Driver's Ed
In the market for a new phone soon, so I am wondering - what works best with the 2017 MkVII's infotainment system iOS or Android? My current phone runs BlackBerry OS, so I have really no idea. Thanks.

TechRoss

Ready to race!
I hear that Android Auto is a little temperamental at times. Can't confirm because my app connect is not activated.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
In the market for a new phone soon, so I am wondering - what works best with the 2017 MkVII's infotainment system iOS or Android? My current phone runs BlackBerry OS, so I have really no idea. Thanks.
Infotainment aside, I like android better since it's more customizable and works with obd11. I personally hate the ios interface, having to pay ridiculous money for chargers, and the other general bs that is Apple. I'll stop now before I get flamed. Lol

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
Why the hell did they only put 2 stop points for the doors? Boggles me.