GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

2015csgGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Really? You've driven a car that allowed you to overrev it? Or multiple cars that did?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before this car I drove a 2006 rabbit. It let me rev into the red line. I guess I didn’t really know cars did that. It makes sense why they do it. I just didn’t realize that cars did this as much as they do. I thought most cars you could rev it into the red line and it’ll just sound like a motorcycle when you rev it hella high. Idk tho, I’m only 22 and I haven’t driven many cars

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
HAHA!

hahahahaha "oh fuck you." i appreciate your sense of humor, but this is the internet. not so sure if the other guy will

Yeah, I have to admit that it seemed offensive since I didn't know where it was going. For me, that phrase is reserved for expressions of hatred or disdain. BUT, once I saw the rest of the post, I saw it as an exclamation that could just as easily have read, "Oh, fuck me!" HAHA!

Scott

Sir_Mk7r

Ready to race!
so I am running 235/45/19 on my R and I am starting to notice some very slight rubbing whenever taking really tight left turns. Can anybody post a link of a good fender screw mod thread? I tried looking but the search engines are not that great.

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
I have a question. What, or how much, tuning capability do you have with a jb1? Can you only use the data cable and bluetooth with a jb4? Also, what devices work best with the connection?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I have a question. What, or how much, tuning capability do you have with a jb1? Can you only use the data cable and bluetooth with a jb4? Also, what devices work best with the connection?
You can use the cable on jb1, not sure about Bluetooth but I'm pretty sure you can as long as you buy the right stuff. With jb1, I use my laptop and you can adjust boost additions within rpm ranges, and that's pretty much it unless you have water meth. You can also log runs

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
I am purchasing a data cable today. Besides a laptop, any tablets work?

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
Bump

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I am purchasing a data cable today. Besides a laptop, any tablets work?
No reason to bump, you'll be okay... Google has the answers you are looking for.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Thank you. I miss the engagement of a manual gearbox. I uber at night when I got out.

the amount of uber rides you will have to do to cover that 6 grand differential is astronomical... if you've got the money to do it, i would think you wouldn't need to drive for uber. but do you man.

have you considered a DSG tune?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I don’t think he meant driving for Uber to make extra cash. But rather that he uses Uber within the city, when traffic is heavy etc.