swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Vibrations when in P and go away with slight acceleration.

Whelp.....got 68k out of OEM engine/tranny mounts, so I guess that's something.

BFI stage 1 here I come I guess.....friggin expensive too
Save some money and get the trans insert. You have to modify the OEM mount but you save like $200.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Vibrations when in P and go away with slight acceleration.

Whelp.....got 68k out of OEM engine/tranny mounts, so I guess that's something.

BFI stage 1 here I come I guess.....friggin expensive too
May I interest you in bfi stage 2 mounts? Could be up for grabs Saturday....

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Lol, it is rough, but 0 wheel hop!

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

GTIscream

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Mk7.5
This is the "ask a stupid question" thread, right?

Whenever i search for parts and other things related to the Golf, GTI, and R, i see codes like 5G, BE, BA, BV, BQ, 5G1, etc.

i have searched and searched and i cannot find a clear / consistent explanation of which models, variants, etc these refer to.

Would someone please educate me? Thanks in advance.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Scooty Puff Jr
This is the "ask a stupid question" thread, right?

Whenever i search for parts and other things related to the Golf, GTI, and R, i see codes like 5G, BE, BA, BV, BQ, 5G1, etc.

i have searched and searched and i cannot find a clear / consistent explanation of which models, variants, etc these refer to.

Would someone please educate me? Thanks in advance.
Can you show any specific examples? Offhand it sounds like maybe it's the revision (i.e., BL revision PCVs), but I think some context might help. There's all sorts of deep lore mfers on here know

GTIscream

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Mk7.5
Can you show any specific examples? Offhand it sounds like maybe it's the revision (i.e., BL revision PCVs), but I think some context might help. There's all sorts of deep lore mfers on here know

The first place that comes to mind is Kempers used parts (kempers.de). Here is what their car / parts selection menu looks like:

kempers-model-codes.png

i don't even see GTI in that list so i am guessing it is one of those model codes? Maybe? What is Variant?

i someone somewhere say 5G was the Mk7 and 5G1 was the Mk7.5, but i have seen other places that contradict that.

Why Kempers? My eight year old dreams of having various parts from our car (his sole reason for wanting to do mods on the car i suspect so that he can have the original parts). i look at places like that daydreaming of picking him up an EA888 to take apart. Yes, that's what he asks for his birthday, Christmas, etc. He wants to take apart our engine. Or a VR6. And then he will likely decorate his wall with all the parts.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Scooty Puff Jr
I see, thank you! I'd wonder if there's a tie-in to the VIN somewhere along the line, I've not seen this before personally, but referencing this post from back when, it looks like it may be a code that we don't use but that the dealer might be able to translate. I can tell you that a Variant is going to be a long roof/wagon (the greatest of all the VWs ;)), if that helps at all. I also came across this website that lists some of these codes, and might be useful if you can use it to get yourself pointed to something easily identifiable, like headlights or taillights.

Shame you're not closer, I've got a pair of mk4 2.0s I'm gearing up to scrap in the future that would be perfect for somebody to take apart just to tinker with and inspect/learn how stuff works.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
How many miles is too many when considering upgrading to a bigger turbo (Vortex std or xl)? Right now I’m at almost 110k.