GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
For the DIYs and the ones who have experimented with window tint- did y’all take the door panels off or is there enough room to get the tint applied without removing panels

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI/'29 Ford
Need some logging help

During driving it feels like my wastegate is stuck. On the AP, what selections do I need to log in order to check?

no code (assuming not DV), but occasionally when accelerating from stop, it's like the turbo isn't engaged (maybe wastegate issue) and then a few seconds later it kicks in like crazy. Perfectly fine boosting during driving too

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Need some logging help

During driving it feels like my wastegate is stuck. On the AP, what selections do I need to log in order to check?

no code (assuming not DV), but occasionally when accelerating from stop, it's like the turbo isn't engaged (maybe wastegate issue) and then a few seconds later it kicks in like crazy. Perfectly fine boosting during driving too
Could it be this?

44A99FAB-001D-42EF-A9F5-8463D8A82AB5.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI/'29 Ford

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI/'29 Ford

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Is there any coding that has to be done after a new battery install? I don't see any lights on the dash yelling at me or anything like that. I thought I remember reading it was something you had to do though.