GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

FasterThanYou

There is some significant damage he doesn't know about (yet).
Not really
I it was an vandalism to windshield and a minor scratch around rear arch. I exported this Golf to Europe already and all the body work came to about $370 along with the 270 for windshield.
I was just curious what happened to this poor golf in Pittsburg.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
Rail pressure is horrible.
That’s what I was thinking!!! But I mean, the car wouldn’t be nearly as happy if that was actual rail pressure… right…? I mean I don’t have any misses or anything. It just kinda feels normal, like I didn’t do anything fun to it

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
The reading is accurate. AFR is good but those injectors are tapped out at peak tq.
So, if I’m picking up what you’re putting down, I need

1.) more room for gas to go squirt squirt. LP and HP pumps are Gucci, just bottle-necking at the actual injection side. So really, mpi?

2.) see if EQT and turn it down some?

Am I missing out on fun? I feel like it’s a fun ride, I just don’t really like seeing the “suffocating” out as often as I do

cb1111

Not really
I it was an vandalism to windshield and a minor scratch around rear arch. I exported this Golf to Europe already and all the body work came to about $370 along with the 270 for windshield.
Very peculiar. Why would an insurance company write off a car for $1000?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Not really
They don't total cars for what that cost to fix. Do you have a salvage title?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So, if I’m picking up what you’re putting down, I need

1.) more room for gas to go squirt squirt. LP and HP pumps are Gucci, just bottle-necking at the actual injection side. So really, mpi?

2.) see if EQT and turn it down some?

Am I missing out on fun? I feel like it’s a fun ride, I just don’t really like seeing the “suffocating” out as often as I do

Well, as long as the pressure doesn't continue to deteriorate it should be ok.

That was a great article! From it, I saw this: "If you are looking to just hit around or just above 400WHP/WTQ range, you can achieve that with just the HPFP upgrade.The HPFP upgrade alone is good to run on E30-E50 IS38 setups year round and full E85 IS20 setups."

What I'm hearing from Diggs based on your reading is that OTS works well, but is maxing out the injectors, BUT everything is working fine and as it should, so no real issue unless the injectors decide to go south.

would bigger injectors help?

Last edited: